Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dave you would recommend the Korg Ax1500 as a good multi effects pedal for live shows, i have read reviews on music dealer websites (don't have the cash for tc electronics and i like effects controlled at your feet) and is there any thing under 200 dollars that are good multi effects processors ?

Andrew

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hmm.. If you want multiple fx, but want to stay at about $200, I'd just get some decent pedals. All-in-one fx units that are at that price range tend to sound less than ideal. OR just save up a little bit more and get a TC G-major. That's an entry level, all-in-one unit that still has the TC quality.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Listen I have the AX1500G and let me tell you its incredible quality for money and the tones sound very natural. I thinks its a great pedal, although I've never done a gig as big as Dave would do. I recommend you save a bit for it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tom, would you say that the ax1500 will last me a long time before i save up for g-major, and dave, does the g-major come with a foot switch or an ouput for a footswitch?

·
Registered
736 Posts
One thing you have to remember, your ears hear things differently from anyone else in the world and your tastes are different as well. So you can listen to people's opinions all you want, but I wouldn't make any decisions based on them. I suggest you do some research to find all the features you want, go to a guitar store, buy a product and live with it for a while. The big ones have return policies so that if you don't like it, just take it back.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The only way to really find out is like Dave said
Play through a processor(easy on the fingers, but no dynamics)
Then play some pedals(alot of control, more creative)
After experimenting I use pedals live and mix things up when I go
to record a song. Nothing cuts the air better than a pedal live tho

·
Registered
736 Posts
You can get full control, complete dynamics and great sonic quality from both processors and pedals. Just depends on the individual unit. I use both forms live and in the studio. Live, most of my fx (and Vai's) come straight from the G-Force.

Again, it's up to your personal preference and what kind of tone you like. Try everything out!

Dave

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright i'll see if i can find something with that's sound worthy to me, thanks for the advice guys, ill just continue to look

1 - 10 of 10 Posts