Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read an article regarding Korn and how Head left the band for God.
So I thought, Hmmm...this should be an interesting read....but soon found that this guy needs real help. His ex-wife with the drugs and kids and wanting to kill her....it's kind of pathetic that God is always a last resort when these non-rocket scientists get into the limelight and fail to command their own destiny.

Yes, I'm armchair quarterbacking and I've only had a small glimpse of the limelight in my 48 years, but I've watched this cycle unfold in real-time since the 1960's and it appears we don't learn from our mistakes or history.

I don't think he's particularly gifted as a guitarist, but I hope the guy gets it together and if he feels he needs a Greater Power to make it happen - hey - whatever works.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tragedy isn't it.....I like the music of Korn...but the first two albums only....after that they'we started to create that stupid pop-metal music.....but that's another story so......the point is that I think that Head's trying to escape from the reality of his problems by turning to God....it's easyer than face them blaming yourself....

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm an agnostic, but reading comments like these I almost hope God's for real so you folks that knock those looking for him feel really stupid when you die.

Why rip on the dude for looking for a better way to live? Just shrug and get on with your own life. It sure doesn't hurt you for him to do that.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Ekim said:
I'm an agnostic, but reading comments like these I almost hope God's for real so you folks that knock those looking for him feel really stupid when you die.

Why rip on the dude for looking for a better way to live? Just shrug and get on with your own life. It sure doesn't hurt you for him to do that.
Amen, brother!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i remember reading about this on fark.com a while back. someone suggested the headline "god finds korn in his shiat" or something to that effect.

i remember laughing.

nothing at all sad about finding god. it's a bit sad that he couldn't have both, though. not a korn fan, but was their music particularly anti-god or something?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Two hands31 said:
Same goes for those who do believe in God and are trying to convert others to their religion or control what others can/can't do.
Too right dude! I get sick of so called religious people forcing their opinion on others. I'm an atheist and have no time for religion. But as far as I'm concerned, if someone wants to believe in God, great if it makes them happy, but don't shove it down people's throats. And if I turn out to be wrong, well I'll just have to burn in hell :evil: LOL

·
Registered
116 Posts
who cares what your point of views are ? who cares what mine are? and who cares what korn's are? If he's happy don't debate on meaningless inquiries!! The truth of the matter is in his hands not yours.I could care less i dont like them so why do you guys feel it need be for ripping apart someone's decisions is beyond me

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess I just find it interesting that these guys always bail to God for the free pass after partying with the devil for years and everything in their lives turns to chit. They exercise no control, spend everything on party materials, and one day they wake up from their hangover and discover they are in deeeep poo-poo.

...and by BTW- our opinions are one of the reasons this forum exists, so I disagree with your statement.

I'm not really into religion, but I know folks who have made significant progress in life after aligning themselves with it. Whatever.
This dude needs help and I hope he finds it.............

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I have no problem with people having opinions and expressing opinions. I've never said that I did.

I do however have a problem with people acting self-righteous and trying to control the world around them, trying to convert the entire world to one religion, and acting as though they were personally asked to do so.

For the record: Head didn't turn to God, he turned to a televangelist. That's what pisses me off. He's being exploited.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I'm wih ya, 2hands. But really, it's a built in "feature" of many religions that they're SUPPOSED to "spread the word", even stating outright that a REAL believer should kill those who preach against their particular deity. But atheists don't generally evangelize, and it's questionable if it's even safe to do so in this country's current socio-political climate.

So yeah, I have no problem with anyone "turning to god". I wish it had been through another avenue besides a televangelist, but then, you needn't be a brain surgeon to become a rock star... ;-)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Not that I'm religious or anything, but things like these make me kind of angry on God's behalf, really. Famous people always turn to religion once the thrill of their lifestyle is fading and then act like they can finally set a good example "for the kids." I would actually be more shocked if this guy turned to religion when the royalty checks were fatter, the groupies more plentiful, and the druggin' and drinkin' still fun. Sure, Korn is still relatively popular, but they peaked quite some time ago, and it would probably more shocking (inspiring for some) if something happened like this back around "Follow the Leader." And yes, there is the parable of the prodigal son that offers promise of redemption, but I think if there is a God, he's rather sick of only hearing from people in the context of a last-second, spiritual booty call.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
FWIW, Head is probably in the best financial shape of the rest of the guys in Korn, at least according to the interview. Apparently he did put some of his money into real estate and other investments while the other guys were partying.

He has also said that he has been miserable in this lifestyle for years, even during their peak.

$0.02, I do have an opinion on the "God issue", but it's not welcome here,
Roger

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just read the interview with him in the new issue of Guitar World, and while a lot of what he says is kinda loony to me (like most of the "born again" people i've known or listened to), i admire him for his new attitude of wanting to help poor people and share his wealth. A lot of wealthy people would do well to follow his lead.
And as far as his leaving the band, he said something along the lines of:
"Those guys are 30 years old, and still fighting over who gets the hottest looking chick after the show".
I would've left too. There comes a time when it's time to grow up.
I'm interested to see what he does in the future.
peace

1 - 20 of 34 Posts