Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be of interest to all of you who grew up (or not) in the 80s...

For over a year now, MusicYo has been talking up their plans to do a re-issue of the now-infamous red Kramer Pacer (that was later put into production as the Baretta) that launched the whole single-humbucker-slanted-headstock-superstrat craze in the mid-80s.

As much as MusicYo is known for dirt-cheap Korean-made guitars, it sounds like they've done their research on this one, collecting a few past samples of Pacers and making sure they get it "just right". They've just put up a photo and some preliminary specs in their Sneak Peeks section, and it looks pretty bang-on, even down to the non-tilted "banana" headstock and direct-mounted pickup. They should have used eyelet screws and clips instead of Schaller strap locks, though. ;)

No word on pricing yet, and chances are, it'll still be made in Korea and assembled in the USA, but it should at least be a fun piece of nostalgia, if not a cool guitar.

[edited to fix the link... ikonboard apparently doesn't like an "https" url - dw]

(Edited by darren wilson at 3:17 pm on Feb. 25, 2002)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Kramer "1984" re-issue!

I'd rather they did a reissue of a 1983 Pacer, myself... my first good guitar. I never understood the single bucker thing. I mean, it doesn't cost much to add another pickup and it REALLY adds flexibility. I realize it was done to copy EVH, but still... But then, you Satch & JEM guys are a bit beyond me, too... ;-)

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kramer "1984" re-issue!

Kramer's offset-double-cutaway (Strat-style) body was always a little different. The sweep along the top waist cut and into the upper horn was a little deeper and less symmetrical than the traditional Strat design. It does look a little odd, but it's true to the original.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Kramer "1984" re-issue!

I still have my Kramer Focus at my parent's house. I forgot what model number it is, but it does have the Original Floyd (with fine tuners) and the one mandatory single humbucker. I have to go there this next weekend and dig that thing up.
Out,
GP

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Kramer "1984" re-issue!

looks cool.. an original FR, oil finished neck, gibson PU. plywood body maybe? too bad i don't have a chance to try one here in chile.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Kramer "1984" re-issue!

i really like that babe cause she's pretty simple, straight, no-frills, no bindings, no inlays art-works, no zillions controls, switches, toggles, selectors... i like 'one-hum/one-pot' guitars...
i also like that red finish, kinda tomato: it matches well with the maple. pretty fine.

Max,
a pretty '80s chick huh?

Pri0531,
do you mean your parents' house in Rimini?

nuno

·
Registered
330 Posts
Kramer "1984" re-issue!

I could be tempted to have a go at one of these if the price is right. I never really liked the Kramer headstock though. It looks kinda dorky. You could take the neck off and play a game of ice hockey for god's sake!!

Matt

·
Registered
622 Posts
Kramer "1984" re-issue!

Nuno:
I meant here in Houston, TX. Noi saremmo a Cattolica (vicino Rimini) in giugno 02. Ci Vediamo li??
Grazie Mille,
Gregory

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Kramer "1984" re-issue!

Greg,
perchè no? check the mail!

Max,
...BUY THE BABE AND GET HER STRIPED!!!!! (why not striPPed? lol)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts