Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever seen i copy anywhere? i know kirk own the right ,but anyone tried making a copy or seen 1 ?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Never seen one, aint gonna see one. Kirk owns the rights (as you said) and therefore, as far as I know, no-one is allowed to copy it. Full stop. Thats why he purchased the rights to it. So no-one can have another one made.

I may be wrong. But I am 95% sure thats the situation.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
If you have seen one for sale, I am guessing it may have been one of Kirks actual guitars. And thats why it was 4 grand. I am pretty sure that Kirk has had about 4 or 5 of them over the years. But I have never seen one for sale ever, and I am pretty sure it is because Kirk owns the rights to the image. And therefore it is not allowed for anyone to copy the design.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I saw you guys chat about the KHII Ouija in another thread and decided to chime in with some info.
The ESP custom shop will paint any design (that's ANY design) on guitar for you including the Mummy and Ouija.
ESP is a Japanese company and copiright works differently in Japan so if you are willing to drop $$$, ESP will build you an exact replica of the KHII Mummy.

If you desire a cheaper replica consider getting a regular KHII (Or MII or LTD202/502/602) and sticking a Mummy poster on it.
There was a guy selling a Spiderman RG on evilbay and there are a few people that will do that and it'll look quite professional.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
dex said:
I saw you guys chat about the KHII Ouija in another thread and decided to chime in with some info.
The ESP custom shop will paint any design (that's ANY design) on guitar for you including the Mummy and Ouija.
ESP is a Japanese company and copiright works differently in Japan so if you are willing to drop $$$, ESP will build you an exact replica of the KHII Mummy.
But it ain't cheap ;).

Regards

André

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
It sounds like you want a Kirk Hammet guitar of some sort anyway. If I was you I would just go with a KH2. They are getting to be quite common on the second-hand market, and they usually only go for about £800. And for what you are getting, thats alot of guitar. The LTD models are good too, but they aint the real deal ESP. The quality of the real ESP would be far better.

Even though the Mummy graphic may be possible. You would have to somehow get in contact with ESP Japan, and their customshop, and get them to build you one. Not only would it cost you a fortune, but it would be hassle beyond belief. And unless you really want one, and you really have the cash spare, it just aint worth it.

A KH2 is the best way to get the Kirk vibe, feel, sound and look. And its the guitar that Kirk himself uses the most anyway. The only difference is the one he uses is heavily worn through heavy use and touring. And he has the "Caution Hot" and "Kirk's Guitar" stickers on it.

And you can buy those decals now anyway, so once you stick those on a KH2, you really do have the real deal. I dont see how ESP can charge an extra £1000+ for a relic finish and some stickers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts