Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this baby out. For me it's the holy grail of guitars, others may disagree but I think it's fantasticly cool.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
That's a great vid, I love stuff like that.

And good god, that is one NICE Les Paul. In fact, whenever somebody says the words "Les Paul" that's almost the exact image that comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If Larry was any kind of man he'd invite us all round to have a look at his guitar collection ;)
I bet it's got loads of interesting pieces in it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If Larry was any kind of man he'd invite us all round to have a look at his guitar collection ;)
I bet it's got loads of interesting pieces in it.
He is a kind man.... with a fantastic collection. He's also smart enough not to have an open house :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Now this is what I don't get (and feel free to disagree)... why arse about with self tuning, sparkley blue, whiz bang fad guitars when man is able to create such a simple and beautiful guitar?

Very few of us will ever be able to afford, let alone touch, such a classic guitar... but it's almost comforting to know that it exsists.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Now this is what I don't get (and feel free to disagree)... why arse about with self tuning, sparkley blue, whiz bang fad guitars when man is able to create such a simple and beautiful guitar?

Very few of us will ever be able to afford, let alone touch, such a classic guitar... but it's almost comforting to know that it exsists.
How incredibly true!

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts

Oh boy. Here comes the "Gibson hasnt changed their guitar in 50 years" schtick.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am more gratified and excited to know that for a reasonable amount of money and using some patience to look a bit, you can find as nice guitar as any classsic that hasn't been someone else's first guitar.

·
Registered
570 Posts
A 1959 Les Paul like this one from Larry DiMarzio has always been my 'definitive' guitar, in looks, playability, sound, sustain... everything.
Now if only it had a whammy :)
(yea I know, Neal Schon thought the same thing)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Gotta tell you I've only recently warmed up to Gibson guitars. I especially like Firebirds, SGs, and of course LPs. They aren't cheap but they have a great sound. I especially like the LPs with the 60s neck on them. I'm a bit snobbier when it comes to SGs and firebirds. I like the triple pickup firebirds with the tremelo on them, and I'm absolutely in love with the SG supreme (the only available SG with 24 frets.) Still more of a Fender guy though. I seem to prefer the longer scale length on fenders and guitars designed after them. That is indeed THE les paul.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts