Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if somebody's got some decent pics of Larry Lalonde's custom RG560 he used in Jerry Was A Race Car Driver video? i've got this frame only:

and it looks to be stained gray/blue or so, with Strat-style jack plate, no tone knob, 22 frets, matching headstock and beveled edges. anyone? thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
And the S-series jack actually slants slightly up, not down, like a strat. ("up" relative to the neck. In playing position (with the neck angled up) the S-series jack is pretty much horizontal.) That's the only RG I've ever seen or heard of with a strat style jack.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
definitely an RG. other shots:

see it in action HERE. too bad they didn't put a pic on The Untold Story book...

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it would look something like this:

but with beveled edges and Original Edge instead of Lo-Pro.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
An RG with extremely beveled edges? Perhaps it is, but one of the RG's defining features it its sharp lines...
of course you haven't read my first post. i said:

it looks to be [...] matching headstock and beveled edges...
meaning that i (we all) know the RG has no beveled edges, otherwise i wouldn't be specifying that feature. it actually is an RG WITH beveled edges. come on...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah I get what you are saying.... I was merely replying to your insistance that it is an RG. If the RG is without its defining characteristic, does that make it an RG? (Buddhist principles....:p)

·
Registered
2,560 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't think it is based off the RG design. To me it looks more like Reb Beach's guitar which is based off an Ibanez EX series (Korean made, beveled edges & 22 frets). My first guitar, which I still have, is an EX370.
Thank you very much, this is what I was trying to illustrate, just didn't know the model ;)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
guys, the RBM and the EX had ROUND edges. this has squared (chamfered) beveling edges.

also

the RBM and EX are RG-based models. so this is an RG based model.

anyway

who cares what model is based on, i was just wondering if anyone got some decent pics?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts