Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few NGD’s in the past few months. I ordered my last guitar of the year today. I should emphasize that I am talking new guitars. If the right stupid deal comes along on 1983 to 1985 Ibanez, Washburn, or Aria’s I will pounce on those.

One really has to be careful with the likes of AMS/Zzounds. They are getting my full hobby budget for the next 8 months. AMS had an 18 pay deal on Gibsons. I ordered the cheapest Les Paul they offer, which is the Tribute model. I chose that because it has a maple neck, and has the same Pups as my 2022 SG Standard.

Previously, I had a Les Paul Studio delivered, but it had some problems so I sent it back. I wanted to get something that Is nicer than my Epiphone, but not too nice to take into a bar.

I’ve bought five guitars outright this year and have three that are on a Zounds/AMS payment plan. I have got them set up so that the payments just come out automatically on the same day. I also bought a head and cab that way too, but they are almost paid off. I always make extra payments to get them paid off quicker.

To me, anything costing north of the 1K mark is an expensive guitar, and I usually can’t bring myself to dropping that big a chunk all at once. I have sold seven guitars this year, with the biggest chunk of the money going to help my kid. But some of it got recycled into other guitars.

I was buying one a month last year, and I’ve bought 8 so far this year, so not quite 1 a month. I need to refret 3 guitars to get them ready to sell, one of those I may actually keep. But the two I bought to fix up and sell were less than 200 and 300 dollars.

The LP will be here Friday. I will do and NGD! Post then. Any of you have new gear coming toward the end of this year?

Here is a pic of the one I sent back
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory Wood String instrument

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think I might be done for many years. I've not even felt the need to check reverb for several months.
I've been buying and selling for nearly 20 years and finally think I've got all areas I'm interested in covered.

The clear no 1: Jem 77FP
The playing live back up to No1: PGM100
The single coil option: USA standard strat
The alt tuning different one: 70s lawsuit Les Paul
The bass: USA jazz bass
And a nice acoustic: Yamaha MIJ LS500

The odd one out: JS1000 currently on eBay to fund some of the above.

Unless I get into extended range, classical or hollow body stuff I can play anything with what I've got.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I think I might be done for many years. I've not even felt the need to check reverb for several months.
I've been buying and selling for nearly 20 years and finally think I've got all areas I'm interested in covered.
Thats about where I stand too. I have several guitars that I haven't got out of the case in quite a while.

Lots of guitars that I want, but nothing I really need... Except a small parlor sized classical and maybe a new acoustic? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
That "except" sounds dangerous. 😃
Well... I did give away my Takamine acoustic and I do love the sound of a nylon string! Plus it doesn't help when my wife says "Just go buy one!" Just need to find one that isn't so huge, just never was comfortable playing a big bodied acoustic... :cool:

(Glad I gave it awy though, as my daughter is learning to play it a little... First kiddo out of 5!)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here’s a pic of the new one that came today. I got a Tribute instead.
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory
Musical instrument Guitar Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory String instrument

‘This is the most stripped down guitar I’ve ever owned. Sounds better than the Studio did. This is the most expensive though of the 5 or six I am willing to take into a bar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts