Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently play an Ibanez RG1570L. I found a used left handed RG3120LTW on a website. Obviously I've never played this guitar being left handed. The person want's $1500 for it. If anyone own's this guitar could they tell me if it's that much better than the guitar I own. If I purchased it I'd probably have to sell the ibanez I have now to fund it. I have never seen this guitar left handed. If the quality truely is better than my guitar I will try to make the purchase but I want to make sure it's worth it. I'm pretty sure it has a Lo-Pro trem and Dimarzio ToneZone and PAF Pro pickups.

·
Registered
197 Posts
my opinion.....if your 1570 plays good.....you already got the nicer tremolo.. upgrade your pickups and your good to go.....

ofcourse the 3120 if its from Rich.. sounds like he will set it up nicely
and you would probably be one of few who has a lefty like that....

but other than looks i dont think your 1570l is that far behind so far as playability

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
nick911sc said:
Either a 2004 or a 2005 made in Japan. I'm sorry I don't know the exact year.
They only difference between the RG3120 and your RG1570 is that it has a flame top and the lo pro edge (pre 2003 trem). Some say that the older trems are better than the new trems and vice versa.

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing. I have a 1570L and was thinknig of selling it and getting the same 3120. There are not enough differences to justify it though. Different bridge, finish and a pickup config really. And the rarity of it. But 1500 is way too much for it in my opinion, even if it is left handed. And it's not like it's mint or anything either. The description talks about something stuck to one of the horns or something, like something is dried up on it.

I'd just stick with the 1570L.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I sold a 570 (back when the necks werent "prestige") for a 3120 once... worth every penny i put on top...

Mind you, the difference wasnt as huge as what you are gonna have to pay...

The mahogany/maple top body is killer, the neck is SOOOO much more comfortable its unbelievable, and youre getting a better trem...

Only thing i wasnt really comfortable with was the pickups and wiring, but, thats easy to fix ;)

Oh, and my 570 had an original Edge (which i like lots better than the lo pro), but oh well... :lol:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I only found one listing for a 3120 lefty in the classifieds. There wasn't a definative price in the listing though. I'd have paid the lowest price he mentioned, but not the highest :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.