Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which sort of higher models? I've got an RG1570L which I love but it's hardly a high end guitar.

still... all I want is a simple little 7 string, how difficult could that be?

Shame the all access neck joint isn't symmetrical or I'd buy a righty and make a new body.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Astrocreep said:
Which sort of higher models? I've got an RG1570L which I love but it's hardly a high end guitar.

still... all I want is a simple little 7 string, how difficult could that be?

Shame the all access neck joint isn't symmetrical or I'd buy a righty and make a new body.
On 7 string side I banez has only done the RG 7420 as a lefty which has a Lo TRS7 trem. They did do a lefty RG 1077 XL in 2002 for an Ibanez endorsee which I luckily bought. As for 6 string guitars they have done RG 440, 470, 550, 560, 570, 1570 (Prestige), 3120 (Prestige) and a limited run of the 2570 (Prestige) and S 470, SA 260FM etc. If your thinking high end guitars as JC, AM and Signature models then you're right I consider the RG 3120, 1570 and 2570 to high end.

Regards

André

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I played a 2570 (I think) in london about a year ago, wasn't that impressed with it, shark fin inlays have never done it for me, nor has the mother of toilet seat neck binding! 1077XL would be nice thought I don't know if my small hands could cope!

·
Registered
11 Posts
any lefty 7 string RG will do me, so long as some numbty doesn't say to me to pick up a righty and play it reversed cos I will probably wack them with the guitar for saying that as I'm sick of snide comments like that :) lol

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
There were two right handed models

Interceptor and Sceptor (Trem and no trem) The left handed version clearly doesn't have a trem, which isn't a big suprise. Also, they were Blaze pickups, but at NAMM apperantly the dimarzio reps there were asses to the guy who runs RondoMusic, so he no longer is offering dimarzio pickups in either the righties or lefties.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.