Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I was able to get a Legacy II amp head off of Reverb recently (love it so far!). Great condition but did not have the footswitch included. I've never tried to buy a generic footswitch, does anyone know of one that might be compatible? Ultimately would like to find the original footswitch for sale, but no luck on that so generic would be cool for now. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
I would email Carvin and ask for their advice. They seem to be half in business and half out of business. :unsure:
I found the schematic for the footswitch you need on their website. Perhaps it can help in some way:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0476/5297/files/fs33_sch.pdf?2263

If Carvin says this one would work, it could be an option:

Hope that helps. Good luck! ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! Tried to do some research on that pedal on reverb but I can't tell if it would work or not. Has one extra button that isn't needed but might still work for me. I'll email Carvin and see what they say, thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The seller couldn't confirm whether or not it would work with the Legacy 2. So I went ahead and contacted Carvin. Sadly the response I got just said my best bet is to build a pedal for it and they sent me the schematics. I don't really want to bother with that, so I'll just keep an eye on ebay and reverb for a pedal, maybe I'll get lucky eventually

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
That is unfortunate.
I found this pedal on Reverb that would probably be worth taking a look at:
Based on what the shop sells, if you shared the Carvin schematic they could probably tell you if their footswitch would work. I can't imagine you are the first person to need a replacement footswitch of this type. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts