Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bottom of the line marshall half stack, i'm happy with it and it is good for what i'm currently doing, but there is always room for improvement! and i was thinking about the leagacy, but i've never played one, 800 isn't to bad for an amp of this calaber, any suggestions?

·
Registered
63 Posts
skrewflanders said:
i have a bottom of the line marshall half stack, i'm happy with it and it is good for what i'm currently doing, but there is always room for improvement! and i was thinking about the leagacy, but i've never played one, 800 isn't to bad for an amp of this calaber, any suggestions?
Bottom of the line to me means transisters, if that`s the case any TUBE amp will blow doors on it, Legacy or not.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I wouldn't get a legacy amp myself unless I played through it first, and it's basically because its steve vais signature amp. I say this because I bought a BH2 wah cause it was steve's and it sucked (to me) Not to say that the amp will be the same way, its just that since vai had both made to his specs, I choose to think that it will suck for me aswell, since I can't play through it anywhere, it's not worth the risk.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think they are very good, I have the combo version.
Some people don't like it because its not overly high gain (but then you can't really put it above "7" gain before saturation), and also because it has a very deep dark midrange - you cannot scoop it out fully even when you put mid on "0". Give it a try if you possibly can, you will either LOVE or HATE it - seems the only options when it comes to this little beauty.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have to try a Legacy 212 combo this week. I¡ll let you know if you wish although all what I hear about it is what can be read here.. "you like it or hate it" and "not enough gain" seems to be the most popular thoughts.
As I said to JJEMMER777 today, Laney or Mesa amps are also a good choice. don't get stucked on what Vai plays, go for the sound you really like.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm not gonna buy it just cause vai uses it, i think i'd have to play one first, and i don't use that much gain anyway, it's at like 6 and that's enough, i like this marshall, but it doesn't have that warm tube sound, solid state is really cold sounding,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.