Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am going to buy a 7v soon and i really like the look of it but i was wondering if any of you guys have modded yours. I have been thinking about maybe changing the pickguard and then getting different colored evos. If you guys could post some pics of your modded jems that would be great so i could get an idea of what i could do. Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
newbieguitarmaker said:
do they sell that jem in blue because i cant find it anywhere in blue.
Blue Jem = 7vsbl. (vine sparkly blue) Not new (unless your lucky) They were discontinued. But since they are fairly new guitars (introduced in 2002) there are a lot of very nice near new vsbls available. Just look round....this is a great place to start;)

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Tom Gilroy said:
Well, they're easier to use and prettier. Makes sense to have them. What Vai does I couldn't care less about, you don't see KONX tape on there now do you.
funny you would say that as the tape seems like a good idea. i have had the high E string get stuck under the neck pup many times. i've been considering doing that to a few of my guitars but i'll be a bit more subtle than green tape.
i've actually considered a piece of tape with "Elvis" on the face. just a consideration but i like it not to be like Vai but just to do it. it's silly but it would help not seem so pretentious about the nice 7VWH IMO.
i like the gold knobs. i want to do something like that but i haven't yet.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
JJEMMER777 said:
Maybe you learn a little more hand / finger control whilst playing leads Demon:lol:

JK - bro;)
you're supposed to use your hands???WTF?? now that explains alot of the issues i've been having!!!! ;)
it actually usually happens when i do crazy whammy stuff. it happens sometimes on my RGA121 which is a fixed bridge - go figure. i guess i can be a little aggressive with them there stringy things. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.