Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious & looking for the advise & opinions of what other Jemsters would do.

Hate my job, I'm 34/yo, own my own house, I have a girlfriend, & I'm not done my Bachelors yet!!! I'm thinking about selling my house & everthing I own except my 3 Jems & 2 Wolfgangs & traveling the world. It's a HUGE decision to make, but I don't know if I'll see the world any other way. I've seen most of the US, & I can always see the US. But I'm thinking of Europe, Australia, all of the Caribbean, the far East, & other places. However, upon my return the only possessions I would have would be my pictures of my travels, my 5 guitars, Marshall amp, & I'd be living with my parents starting over (my girlfriend would travel with me). What would you guys do?

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
I certainly won't sell my house away... guitars maybe but not the house... Going travelling is fun and at your age is the prime time to do it... but ..... I don't know it's a very very hard decision to make.... :roll:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
You can always wait until your house is worth enough to where you can sell it and put good money down on a less expensive house that would net you a lot more money each month. Use the money saved to go see the world a bit at a time (rather than going broke to do it all at once).

·
Registered
300 Posts
I agree that selling your house would be a huge mistake.

Why not rent the house out whilst you travel?

A friend of mine rented his house out whilst he travelled for 2 years. The rent covered the mortage AND left him with extra every month as spending money whilst on his travels. He also saved like crazy for about 18 months and left the UK with close to 10,000 pounds.

if you can wait a year or so, i am sure you can save enough to travel without having to resort to extreme measures and having nothing to come back to.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
finish degree, rent house, leave gear somewhere safe and go out and see the world - there's a whole lot happening out there that you owe yourself to see - your girlfriend will love it and you'll both have the adventure of a lifetime, complete with memories you will have forever!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Follow your heart man. You can hold onto your house forever... but once you're 46+... think of what sort of hoilday you will take then and there after.

Bus with a whole lot of grey hair...

Man, do what you feel is right. This is either a whim or something that you are very serious about. Travelling will change your life, maybe for the better

Lance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.