Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Line 6 Pocket Pod and am looking for some custom tones to download onto it.

I have already been to customtone.com however there are only 300 or so tones there for pocket pods, and I have tried a lot of them already. I think it is cool that there are few tones under the profile Jemsite, however those tones were for a POD XT or POD XT LIVE.

I have made a few custom tones myself and am very happy with them, however there are 134 slots to fill! The default tones don't appeal to me too much.

Unfortunately customtone.com doesn't allow people to upload their whole library in a .sqs format either.

Has anyone uploaded their .sqs library anywhere, or have any .l6t tones to recommend for the Pocket Pod?

Thanks in advance guys :wink: Great little unit by the way, very impressed so far.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I've got an XT Live, so I can't help with Pocket tones. What you CAN do, is go to guitar geeks and look at all of the artist rigs. Then, go into your Pod editing mode and add that amp and those effects and tweak until you get that artist's tone. Just knowing what gear an artist uses is enough to tweak a Pod to get really close. Not sure if you were looking for artist patches or just some cool tones, but this info should come in handy.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
If you think a pocket pod is impressive,what wouldn't be?
I mean what's below a pocket pod?
Maybe a broken zoom?
Lol

There are a lot of sites and forums about presets exchanging probably for all kinds of modellers and expecially pods,just google and you'll find some ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What you CAN do, is go to guitar geeks
awesome, thanks, I was unaware of this link, looks great :wink:

hey thanks LonePhantom, that link is awesome too, I was also unaware of this forum, it looks like the forum to ask in, cheers mate :)

There are a lot of sites and forums about presets exchanging probably for all kinds of modellers and expecially pods,just google and you'll find some :wink:
Cheers, I did try googling without a lot of luck, so thought I would try here first, the guys have given me some good links, so I will try there, thanks.

Maybe a broken zoom?
Lol
Dude this nearly had me on the floor laughing with your forwardness. I was going to joke back and say "yeah man, it sounds awesome through my Samick 15 watt practice amp", lol (joke only, I don't own a samick amp).

To be honest I was very impressed with this Pocket Pod for its functionality more so than the sound quality. It is perfect for headphone use, and has a jack for you to mix in mp3 backing tracks through its line in. It has line out for PC input, shame its USB was only for tone editing, not for an audio interface. The fact that it can run on batteries is awesome, and it fits in a guitar case, perfect for holidays or jamming along with backing tracks on the couch while the kids are asleep.

Yeah the sound is perhaps a little fuzzy if overdriven too much, and the distortion is a little compressed. However I wouldn't say another too bad about the sound considering its price and purpose. With an mp3 backing track, this unit is heaps of fun.

I will post back here if I find a cool link, or end uploading my own .sqs library once I have it built... cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear will you like to tell me that what is the brand of your pocket pod...I am interested in it...send aslo its cost and warrenty policy...I will be very thankful to you...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear will you like to tell me that what is the brand of your pocket pod...I am interested in it...send aslo its cost and warrenty policy...I will be very thankful to you...
DON NOT make any deals with this guy--scammer!
Thanks AlaskaBat for the warning. I do find it pretty strange he asked what brand it was, when it is in the title of the thread. If I was to answer, the cost and warranty depends where you buy, however they go for around $100 on eBay with no warranty.

I was going to pop back here in a couple of weeks with my research for tones anyway. I have finally joined Stompbox forums, so will try and find someone who has uploaded their tones and library files. Even though they are very easy to program with Vyzex, I am really busy with other things. I am just after a library file of decent sounding presets to replace the default. I might end up building my own and uploading it if I have no luck.

Maybe a broken zoom?
Lol

There are a lot of sites and forums about presets exchanging probably for all kinds of modellers and expecially pods,just google and you'll find some :wink:
Also I see what you mean now. I had a break from guitar technology for many years, and was not impressed with early VST amp modellers on the PC, nevermind the lag. So for a cheap little unit like a Pocket Pod to do a half decent job, I was very impressed and still am to be honest. Rather than knocking my opinion though, you could of saved me two months with some constructive criticism suggesting that I look at modern VST effects if I liked emulators. I just had nothing to compare this Pocket Pod to at the time. Anyway, all good, I am like a kid in a candy store with VST effects for the PC now that computers and sound card ASIO technology has come a long way since last I looked into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts