Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought a S prestige with a lo pro and the bar is loose and sloppy…I thought it might be the bar or the bushing but I don't think it is because when I use a different bar from my RG with an OE bridge (which was snug on that guitar) the bar is snug on the RG but it's also loose with too much play on the lo pro bridge on the S guitar? is there something I can tighten to make the bar more snug?

·
Registered
70 Posts
the nut on the underside just locks the the trem holder and will have no bearing on the arm tightness.

you could replace the arm holder if its worn but that is unlikely.

the only real cure is to heat up the bushes with a lighter which will enlarge them.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys - I'll try the nut and see if that helps...but I don't have a 10 mm open end wrench so I will have to find one of those first

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I took the guitar to a local music store run by a very cool guy I've known for many years and he had the right open end wrench to adjust the nut underneath. He helped me on the spot - as soon as he put the bar in he noticed that it wasn't fitting properly so he tightened the nut underneath and that was all it needed - the bar is now nice and snug =) easy enough if you have the right tool...

I thought the bushings were the only way to adjust how tight the bar fits but now I know about the nut underneath - thanks for the help guys! :)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
You don't use the nut to adjust tension. It's there to secure the arm holder in place. If you leave that loose, over time you'll end up damaging the bridge.
I know this is five days old, but I felt it my duty to add that to the discussion. ;)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't use the nut to adjust tension. It's there to secure the arm holder in place. If you leave that loose, over time you'll end up damaging the bridge.
I know this is five days old, but I felt it my duty to add that to the discussion. ;)
Yup, pretty sure we're talking about the same thing - the bar wiggled and was loose when in the term arm holder and tightening the nut made it snug again....cheers =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts