Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a UV7BK that I bought in 96, that I bought a replacement bridge via Ibenezrules a few years ago, and I've been trying to lock down, and eliminate all the buzz noises I was having on the guitar. My last buzz, or vibration is coming from the new bridges fine tuners, on a specific fret that if he held the fine tuner with my hand, or tightened them all the way down, it would go away.

I noticed that the design of the fine tuners is on a angle to the saddle built in rod, which only allows for one corner of the fine to come in contact with it. The threads of the fine tuners don't seem to be very tight in the corresponding threaded holes, so there is quite a bit of wiggle room for the fine tuners to move even with the spring bent up to give more tension on the tuners/ rods.

So far I've just bent the spring up, but have yet to reinstall it on the guitar, due to the fine tuner loose wiggle.

I was at a friends house a few weeks back, and checked out one of the guitars he had with a Floyd type bridge in it, to see if he had fine tuners you could wiggle at all, and on that guitar the fine tuners seemed to be tight, with no wiggle, or play at all.

I noticed my old one that this new bridge replaced has the same issue.

I just checked my floyd equipped Schecter that currently free of strings, has similar issues with the fine tuners.

I was just wondering what causes these fine tuners to get more play in them? Does the continual adjustment of the fine tuners eventually just make them looser due to friction, and wear? I wouldn't say my new replacement Low pro edge7 has been used that much, but it was causing vibration/ buzz noises.

I'm not sure what to do about it.

·
Vendor
26,754 Posts
If you're getting buzz off the bridge it would be saddle buzz where the back side of 2 saddles are close enough under vibration they touch and cause buzz. Figure out where they need to be gapped and move them a hair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.