Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.. You all are gonna think im crazy, but hear my out..

I might be getting a guitar with a Lo TRS II (another one, last one was horrible so im not just going off hearsay) so obviously I wanna replace this..

I am not a fan of OFRs, I think they feel like junk, and plus I would have to buy a Lo-Pro one which are like $60 more (for me to live with it, has to be lo-pro for OFRs) so Im not looking into getting one of those..

Now I been to my local ibby dealer lately, and those Edge Pro II and Edge III bridges actually aren't too bad.. I could live with one.. So my question is does a Lo TRS II direct swap with a Edge Pro II or Edge III? Im just hoping to find something that the posts can stay on, and just direct swap it right in there.. Would that work? If I could find a used Edge Pro II for like $50 somewhere, that would be ideal

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
=[[ No one knows?

Apparently the Lo TRS route is alot more shallow, since its a flat bottom plate like a OFR.. So would that mean a EPII or Edge III wouldnt fit in there, since they are taller ??

·
Registered
320 Posts
You're crazy!! lol

seriously, dude, I have know idea. I do know the best Iby bridge I've used is the Edge. They made some of those bridges smaller, allowing to fit in certain models (don't ask me which). Maybe that would work.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think so.. no Edge or EP that I know of would fit into a TRS or EPII/EIII route.. I tried with the TRS route, with my Edge Original =[

I emailed Rich tho, hopefully he'll get me an answer

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey I wanted to re open this post cuz i have the same problem - except not willingly..I'm building another guitar with a body routed for Lo-Trs, and i happen to have a spare Edge II so I was wondering if it would work? Normally i would just try it out but i would need to spend some $$ on posts first.. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
70 Posts
It´ll fit in with some minor modifications, The edge is a bit longer and the back part is angled so you will have take some wood out from the cavity. \__/ like that |__|. i´d post pics of mine but i don´t have enough posts yet.
edge lo-trs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts