Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. First post here, although not a happy one. i have an Ibanez S470, however the locking nuts bolt (that comes undone with the allan key) is done tightly, as i may have pushed it the wrong way, and now i cannot get it undone. this is a very stupid mistake on my part, and am in need of help, because i want to restring the guitar soon. will i have to seek professional help?

not a good day im afraid :S

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Post a pic of the locking nut because I don't understand what it is that you've done. you've either:

1. tightened the nut too much
2. stripped the nut and now the allen key won't loosen it
3. screwed in the nut and skipped a groove and not it's stuck

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
433 Posts
If it's what I think you said and the allen head screw is over tightened and the internal hex is stripped, take the other ones off and grab the head of the stuck one with a pair vise grips or large pliers and twist it loose.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If it comes to pass that you've really balled this thing up, and you can't unlock your nut, getting a new nut would only run you 15 or 20 dollars. (Keep in mind when I say nut I'm speaking of the whole assembly.) At which point you could just block the floyd rose, clip off all the strings, and take the nut off from the back and screw on a new one. Not too big a deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts