Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a guitar with a compound radius neck that starts at 7.25" and I'm struggling to find a locking nut with the correct radius. Does anyone know if anyone ever made these?
Currently the guitar has a behind the nut kahler locking arrangement which I'd like to change if possible.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Hi all,

I've got a guitar with a compound radius neck that starts at 7.25" and I'm struggling to find a locking nut with the correct radius. Does anyone know if anyone ever made these?
Currently the guitar has a behind the nut kahler locking arrangement which I'd like to change if possible.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete
never seen a locking nut that is less than a 10 inch radius. You may have to keep the behind the nut locking setup. what trem does it have on it ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi j.arledge thanks for your reply.

Yep I'm thinking the same, searched everywhere and can only see 10" radius maximum like you say.
It has a Kahler 2300 which I really like but the floyd locking nut seems more stable to me.

Would you recommend a Graph tech nut to help with tuning issues?

Cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Hi j.arledge thanks for your reply.

Yep I'm thinking the same, searched everywhere and can only see 10" radius maximum like you say.
It has a Kahler 2300 which I really like but the floyd locking nut seems more stable to me.

Would you recommend a Graph tech nut to help with tuning issues?

Cheers,
Pete
yes, that would probably help out a little bit. You could also try some guitar nut sauce

https://store.bigbends.com/Nut-Sauce_p_12.html

it helps keep the strings from binding at the nut. Also depending on the height of the locking nut versus the height of the nut you may need a string retainer. ideally you don't want the clamps on the locking nut putting any downward or upward tension on the string which would cause it to go sharp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts