Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an Ibanez Prestige RGT220H and I appear to be having problems with tuning stability. I presume it is because the guitar doesn't have the locking stud mod. I talked to Rich at Ibanez Rules and basically Rich doesn't have enough good ones in order to seel me a set. Where are other people getting their "locking stud mod" kits from? How were the results? Are they easy to install on your own?
Thx
Kev

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
You never said "assume". Never assume anything. There is plenty that can be wrong or go wrong including your level of knowledge with the breed.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/tuning_stability.htm

I have plenty of lockers to sell, just not premium lockers. They'll be just like what Ibanez used from 87'-00', in fact they're a little better, they're just not full U profile premium studs.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't know much about anything but last week I put in the lockers Rich has and experienced pretty impressive results. With the stock ones on my 2004 FP, taking the bar down until the strings were all slack resulted in a noticably out of tune guitar on the very first return. After putting in these studs I was still in tune after going slack at least five times. I was surprised at the difference.

It was an easy install too, just follow Rich's instructions and you're there. Biggest thing to be careful of was while removing the springs and tremolo. There are plenty of chances during those steps with which to ding your guitar so take it easy and be very careful.

Individual experiences may vary of course.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Rich said:
You never said "assume". Never assume anything. There is plenty that can be wrong or go wrong including your level of knowledge with the breed.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/tuning_stability.htm

I have plenty of lockers to sell, just not premium lockers. They'll be just like what Ibanez used from 87'-00', in fact they're a little better, they're just not full U profile premium studs.
Any idea when you'll get the "premium" locking studs in ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tonelover said:
I don't know much about anything but last week I put in the lockers Rich has and experienced pretty impressive results. With the stock ones on my 2004 FP, taking the bar down until the strings were all slack resulted in a noticably out of tune guitar on the very first return. After putting in these studs I was still in tune after going slack at least five times. I was surprised at the difference.

It was an easy install too, just follow Rich's instructions and you're there. Biggest thing to be careful of was while removing the springs and tremolo. There are plenty of chances during those steps with which to ding your guitar so take it easy and be very careful.

Individual experiences may vary of course.
can you link me to rich's lockers? price?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.