Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other Jemsiters caught up in the problems in London this morning? Hope all of you and your families are OK.

Too early to speculate on what has happened yet, but it all looks very nasty. I'm grateful that I was going into work late so I was well clear of the explosions.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Tragic.
Can't believe there are people out there who would cause something like that to their fellow human beings.
I wouldn't even treat an animal in that manner. :sad:

ilia

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Me too, I hope that everyone is safe and out of harm's way.

It seems that after blowing up the tubes they hit buses, which would have been over full because of the other incidents.

It seems that whoever has done this really meant to hurt people. Sick!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
A family friend was at Aldgate East at the time unfortunately. But, luckily she is okay. She said there was defenitely people dead in some other carriages. There were loads of people injured and such, what with the glass and stuff. She is a little shaken, but okay.

Best wishes to everyone/anyone caught up in it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
dex said:
Tragic.
Can't believe there are people out there who would cause something like that to their fellow human beings.
I wouldn't even treat an animal in that manner. :sad:

ilia
That's just the thing... the individuals/groups doing this aren't human in my book....

These past few years have been insane

·
Registered
12 Posts
My brother and his fiance work in London. No one was answering their phones when I called. Not panicky right now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Otherwise, I offer my most heartfelt condolences to the people and their friends and families involved in the disaster...

And to those responsible for this outrage, I can only say that their hurting innocent people to make a point will drain the small amount of good(?) that might have existed in their intentions; all that will be left is the plain, clear-as-day realization that they don't respect anything other than their own selfish interests and greeds. Eventually they will find themselves victims of their own evil; in whatever form that manifests.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
nickcoumbe said:
Me too, I hope that everyone is safe and out of harm's way.

It seems that after blowing up the tubes they hit buses, which would have been over full because of the other incidents.

It seems that whoever has done this really meant to hurt people. Sick!
I'm sure we all know exactly who did it. Now I'm hearing only 4 explosions with over 40 confirmed dead, 300 injured. Sorry to all you folks over there. They need to be wiped off the face of the planet!!!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
heart stopped for a few moments this morning - my pregnant wife is in london at the moment on business.

got a message from her that all is well with her, though.

hard not to develop racial/cultural/religious prejudices when things like these keep happening.

my thoughts/prayers for those involved and their families.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My dad was on the Central Line at St. Pauls when the Liverpool St./Aldgate East explosion happened. They weren't told what had happened except that there was a problem at Liverpool St. and the whole tube system was being suspended so he walked the rest of the way to Liverpool St. area to his work. When other explosions happened, they were locked into their office building (no idea why, except maybe cos Police services told people to stay put and it stopped people going in and out of the buildings)

Unfortunately Swindon was one of the railway stations outside of London to be closed aswell so I don't know if he'll get home tonight, although they seem to be slowly opening rail services again.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
This is awful honestly. Im so sorry to see our brothers othersees having to deal with what weve been going through since 911. It saddens me to see my country still involved in this pointless war though. My prayers and thoughts go out to the familys of all those affected by this terrible tragedy

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.