Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come for me update my effect pedals. I've fallen in love with the Boss OD 20, and I plan on using that as my main dirty. I'll also be doing some delay and chorus type of effects, both clean and dirty. So I'm looking for a multi effect board that lets me use an external distortion. The only 2 I've seen that can accomodate this are the Boss ME 8 and ME X. Anyone aware of others? Or would I be better off getting some kind multi-way switcher (Morley?)? I don't want to be balancing on my heels trying to hit 3 pedals at once. I've looked at the Boss ME 50, which supposedly has very similar dirty tones to the OD 20, but it didn't sound as good to me.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
As long as you can turn the effects and distortions on and off, which you can on almost any mulit-fx pedal then you can use your own distortion pedals. You plug them in the infront of your pedal and you're good to go. My first multi-fx was a digitech rp100 that i got to just play around with some extra effects(plus it was only 30 bucks). I run my ds-1 and sometimes my 250 overdrive in front of it all the time. The pedals help add some nice shape and warmth to the built in distortions as well. I use it both ways just fine. You can do this with about any multi-fx.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's what I want to avoid having to do. Say I'm coming out of a dirty part and into a clean part with heavy chorus. I'll have to hit the distortion pedal and the multi board at the same time, which requires careful balancing.
Thanks for chiming in though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.