Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking to get a half stack this summer. The heads I am looking at are the JCM 900 (Used) or the MA100H (New). Both go for $800. I'm kind of leaning towards the MA since it's new but the JCM is made in the U.K. as opposed to Vietnam. But the MA has a few extra features, but I've heard mixed reviews about them. So have any of you guys had any experience with either of these amps? If so which would you recommend?

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
you would be better off tryin to find someone who is getting rid of a jcm 800 for around 800 bucks. I saw a guy sell a 50 watt jcm 800 head for 500 locally a month ago. A lot of people are desperate to sell gear with the economy doing what it's been doing the last 2 years. Otherwise I wouldn't get any MG MA crap, the 900 is a good head imo. I was able to get some really nice tones out of it boosted and eq'd. Goodluck with you search.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I just picked up a JCM2000 head for $670 shipped. That's your best bet. I'm not a huge fan of the 900s, but they're not bad amps either.

I'd stay away from the MA stuff. It's cheaper for a reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.