Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I highly recommend the ESP EC-300P. Although they have been discountinued for a little while, you can pick one up for about $300. It's a LP type goldtop, 24.75" scale with 24 fret neck. The pickups are stacked P90's like the P100's so they are hum cancelling. I love the feel of the guitar and the sounds are great, clean or dirty. I've never cared for the both humbuckers on sounds or 2 SC's on, but both P90's on is a killer tone. Again, clean or dirty.

Another guitar which I'm gassing over is the Dillion Extreme Blues. It's a P90 guitar, LP body, ebony fret board with a beautiful tree of life type vine. The binding and the detail on the headstock is amazing.

2nd hand they fetch $300 to $400 and new, it's $100 over your budget but man, it's nice!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
The Hamer Archtop P-90 is one of the finest sub $300 guitars I've ever played. Retail list is $449, so you can probably find one for about $250.

The Hamer website describes it as a budget version of their USA Studio P-90, which is IMO the finest playing / sounding Gibson-styled P-90 guitar available anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.