Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

I'm trying to find a US based guitar painting/finishing service that offers an old school 80s Charvel/BC Rich crackle.

Most pro services do not offer a crackle, either due to EPA restrictions :? or lack of experience. I have one vendor who's willing to do one, but he appears to have never done one before (based upon his gallery) and for the price he is asking I could just about buy an 80s original crackle on eBay..

so, was wondering if any of you had done a crackle effect yourselves or knew a painter who did them for a reasonable rate.

there's a company in the UK who sell Vreeble paint and have an awesome video on youtube, but that's about as close as I got so far... :x

any advice, hints, tips or leads gratefully received by this child of the 80s and lover of all things poodle rock.. :oops:

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I can do crackle...PM me or contact me through my website for details on what your looking to do and I'll get you some pricing...

@PWSUSI - thanks for the recommendation!

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Progress...prior to the clear base before applying crackle.
Pic doesn't do it justice...the bottom is like a RFR fading into the orange. The pic makes it all look one color.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts