Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Edge/Lo Pro Edge won't fit my RG...
So, which Floyd Rose tremolo should I choose?

I was searching the WD homepage just now and found these:

and the last choice is of course the Original Floyd Rose

will all of them fit into the TRS cavity?
Is the WD licensed Floyd Rose selling at musiciansfriend.com the same as the one selling at WD homepage? But it just costs $95.99!

What kind of bar is on the WD floyd rose?
Original Floyd Rose/Lo Trs II type?
Edge/LoPro edge type?
or Lo-Trs 1 type(screw in)?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Since the Edge/Lo Pro Edge won't fit my RG...
So, which Floyd Rose tremolo should I choose?

I was searching the WD homepage just now and found these:

and the last choice is of course the Original Floyd Rose

will all of them fit into the TRS cavity?
Is the WD licensed Floyd Rose selling at musiciansfriend.com the same as the one selling at WD homepage? But it just costs $95.99!

What kind of bar is on the WD floyd rose?
Original Floyd Rose/Lo Trs II type?
Edge/LoPro edge type?
or Lo-Trs 1 type(screw in)?
Just about any Floyd Rose type trem will fit in the TRS cavity, the old Ibanez TRS101 trem made by Takeuchi is actually a decent unit made from good quality steel, Jackson also used them them in the early JT-580 when they changed from the JT-6 in 1990, the later Lo-pro units are not as good.

I have changed the screw-in arm to the Schaller lockmeister arm by cutting the sustain block and using a countersink bit to remove the the riveted guide in the past, this basically turns the Takeuchi unit into an OFR.

I would avoid the Floyd Rose special and most sub-$100 licensed units as the saddles are too soft, the only sensible upgrade for you really is the OFR unless you get a proper Edge-based system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.