Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a big fan of supporting the small guys in the gear world, go check out www.loooper.com.

David makes some really great stuff and does custom orders happily. Great looking stuff too. I just got mine in the mail last night. I ordered two custom paatchers from him that will really simplify and neaten up my effects pile. It gives me one simple patch bay to hook two separate effects send/return pairs, my guitar signal, and sends to the inputs of three separate amps. All in all, it manages 16 separate inputs and outputs for me all in one spot. He finished them in a really cool blue metallic paint that looks killer.

So, shameless plug for a fella out there doing good work for not a lot of money. Prices are more than reasonable.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I've been looking for a footswitching solution for hybrid guitars with piezo and magnetic pickups. Amazingly, nobody makes a product that's suitable to me, so i've been looking at Lehle and Loooper for options. (Ideally, i'd want a stereo pan/blend pedal that has both signals at 100% in the middle position, but nobody makes that.)

In the next few months, i'll likely be ordering a custom A/B box from Loooper that has Magnetic In/Out and Piezo In/Out, with switches to activate one, the other, or both. It'll also have a tuner/mute button with a dedicated tuner output.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds sweet Darren, that way you don't have to fiddle with switching from your guitar. I love simplicity. Only issue would be battery life in your piezo preamp in your guitar...you're probably going to have to watch that pretty closely since it will be on all the time.

I'll probably have david design an amp switcher for me similar to the voodoo labs model, but a lot smaller.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts