Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been a bunch of threads about this - so why don't we start a poll? It'd be based on preference, with any number of possibilities depending on what you guys suggest here. Multiple voting? I think so. Anyway . . .

List low wattage tube amps below, and I'll include them in a poll. Anything under 30 watts I'd say. Even though thats pretty loud.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Er, Actually I'm *really* interested in this as a friend and I are in the just about to make our prototype "Home of Tone" 5W single ended recording amp, so I'll vote that one! :)

Otherwise the Vox Night Train looks good, or the Blackstar HT-5 ?

Jim

·
Registered
592 Posts
Er, Actually I'm *really* interested in this as a friend and I are in the just about to make our prototype "Home of Tone" 5W single ended recording amp, so I'll vote that one! :)

Otherwise the Vox Night Train looks good, or the Blackstar HT-5 ?

Jim
That sounds cool, do you guys have a website or some pics/specs for us to see?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I was going to start a thread about this, canvassing opinions and suchlike, but as my friend pointed out I would have given away our spec and secrets before going into production!
I will post on this, but in the meantime it'll have a speaker simulated balanced output, and usb connectivity...
Otherwise, the Cornfords are generally well liked...
Jim

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anything Bad Cat, my personal preference being the Hot Cat 15. Amazingly versatile amplifier with a HUGE sound and tons of dimension and character.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have a Laney LC-15R, Rather loud for 15w, fx loop, really nice accutronics reverb and great sound especially if you pair it with a 2x12 cab. Only draw back is it's one channel.
I really want to try an Egnater Rebel though...

·
Registered
754 Posts
i'm going to have to 2nd the laney lc series (15 or 30). i will soon be buying the 30w lc30 as soon as one pops up on e-bay. great cleans and thick roaring marshall-like distortion at a decidely cheaper price.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts