Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a maton m325 about 2 months ago and i'm loving it. however, i've decided it needs it's action lowered.

i know it's a bit of a mission lowering action on an acoustic but i don't wanna fork out like $40 bucks or something for the guys at my guitar store to do it.

i really don't think the nut needs to be changed at all for such a small lowering of action. the neck has the perfect amount of relief but the action is just a bit too high for single note soloing etc.

is it worth just sanding down the bottom of the saddle a bit myself to lower the action?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just sanded down 1mm off the saddle's bottom. action is a lot better, but it needs to be a bit lower, next time i restring i'll take a bit more off.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
You want to take care to not take too much off, if you get the break angle of the string too low over the saddle it will begin to start sounding thin and you could get some buzzing. I actually shape the top side of the saddle myself and compensate the intonation a bit whenever possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts