Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally found time to watch the second season of this documentary, not sure what to think but to me it seems clear the younger guy had nothing to do with any of this.
Watching this documentary and stumbling upon stories like this one

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/9w95gi
where if you read the comments many lawyers and people in the know confirm that the police can indeed do what they did it makes me think all these "never talk to police" youtube videos are not that ridiculous after all.

Everyone I've spoken to who has seen this feels as I do, we feel that justice system failed (not that that doesn't happen in Europe, just look at the Amanda Knox case.) but I am interested to see if US people see this as clear cut miscarriage of justice or do you just shrug it off and not care?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah boy i experienced it too :(
But I think that we cannot claim that our police exceed the powers given to them by law. Yes, we see isolated cases, but I believe that most of them are punishable. I myself am not a lawyer, but I am often interested in the law. A colleague of mine is good at this and has written a couple of articles about it wowessays. From all this, I realized that it is necessary to calmly argue their actions and rights in dialogue with the police, because the cameras they carry will not allow them to lie. I don't really know why we are discussing this on this forum, but I like :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts