Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

Yep...

Ibanez Apex 1 Customs. My wife bought me my first one, and I've loved them ever since! They are noticeably different from the K7, which I also had a pair of. The K7 was a lot more like a 7620 in terms of the neck, where the Apex has a bit more "dish" to it - slightly more round. It sounds just a bit "deeper" too - the K7's were a tad more bright & raw.

Anyway, due for a group pic update, so enjoy!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
This is not helping my itch for a seven string.
Which is bad because 6 strings is too much for me.

Anyone tell you you cause gasssssssssssssssss.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Really curious about those Apex's. I've always wanted to play one and have come close to grabbing one off the 'bay a few times. I like that finish a lot too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The finish is definitely cool. The neck is a little different - more like the Prestige lines than RG, in that I've always thought the Prestige necks seemed a little more burly by comparison.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
The finish is definitely cool. The neck is a little different - more like the Prestige lines than RG, in that I've always thought the Prestige necks seemed a little more burly by comparison.
I was wondering about that... as well as the necks on the K7's. I had read a K7 review somewhere and the neck was described as "feeling a bit thicker" than other Ibby 7-string necks, but I've never played one to confirm.

I'd describe the maple neck on my 2011 RG1527M as "a bit beefier" than other 7-string Ibby necks I've played... so I wonder if the Apex has the same neck profile as the later 1527's.

I've always said that if I buy another Ibby 7, it will be an Apex or K7. I love the idea of a mahogany RG.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The K7 & Apex necks are different. The K7 to my hands, was almost the same as an RG7620. I really liked the K7. A lot. But I'm very fond of the Apex too, to the point that I almost prefer it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts