Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how many of you guys play these instruments but I do and I've found some great sites to get info on how to play em better. The one for mandolin is mandolincafe.com and the one for banjo is banjohangout.org. There's also a cool site on jazz mandolin I believe it's called jazzmando.com, there's a link to it on mandolin cafe, it has some good jazz theory that can be applied to any instrument. Just figured I'd post this and see if there were any banjo and mando pickers here on jemsite!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i just think "upside down guitar" with my mandolin ;) ive had it since last christmas and find it a great little finger training exercise!! those tiny frets and double strings make pick up a guitar and just go "wow this is easy!!"

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah man, mando is a tough instrument. I'd love to get the other 2 instruments in the mando family (mandocello and mandola.) I've always been a sucker for wacky instruments that share commonalities with guitar (frets etc.) Personally i dunno how Bill Monroe and Sam Bush and Grisman play as fast as they do on that thing!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure how many of you guys play these instruments but I do and I've found some great sites to get info on how to play em better. The one for mandolin is mandolincafe.com and the one for banjo is banjohangout.org. There's also a cool site on jazz mandolin I believe it's called jazzmando.com, there's a link to it on mandolin cafe, it has some good jazz theory that can be applied to any instrument. Just figured I'd post this and see if there were any banjo and mando pickers here on jemsite!
Banjo Player here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.