Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any sound clips of the Mesa Boogie Mark IV?

I've looked around here, google and a few other boards for the last 30 mins or so and I'm having no luck. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
http://www.theburningsensations.com/music.html

I used my Mark IV when I went into the studio with my band. The other guitarist used a Nomad 55.

On "Around" I used the LD channel for most of the song with R1 for the funky bridge. (The other guitarist used a Nomad for the clean parts & solo over the funky bridge.)

On "Let it Go" I used R1 for the clean parts, R2 for distorted rhythms, and LD for the solo at the very end.
(The other guitarist used a Nomad for clean & rhythm parts and the middle solo.)

Finally, on "Left Behind" I used the LD channel for all the rhythms and the solo.
(The other guitarist used a Nomad for all rhythms.)

Hope this helps! The Mark IV is one of the coolest combos I've ever owned.

--B

·
Registered
873 Posts
bduersch said:
http://www.theburningsensations.com/music.html

I used my Mark IV when I went into the studio with my band. The other guitarist used a Nomad 55.

On "Around" I used the LD channel for most of the song with R1 for the funky bridge. (The other guitarist used a Nomad for the clean parts & solo over the funky bridge.)

On "Let it Go" I used R1 for the clean parts, R2 for distorted rhythms, and LD for the solo at the very end.
(The other guitarist used a Nomad for clean & rhythm parts and the middle solo.)

Finally, on "Left Behind" I used the LD channel for all the rhythms and the solo.
(The other guitarist used a Nomad for all rhythms.)

Hope this helps! The Mark IV is one of the coolest combos I've ever owned.

--B
Hey B, i was gonna ask you this a while ago.. when you recorded in the studio, did you mic the Mark IV or use the "record out" on the back of the amp

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You know, I've never tried the Mark IV's record out because recording outs have sucked so badly on every other amp I've owned (including the Triaxis). So it was mic'd, although I can't remember which specific mic model was used.

--B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.