Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this has already been discussed, but Jemsite/Jemsite is being represented in the Guitar One with Yngwie and Buskethead on the cover, a PRS ad for Mark Tremonti has him wearing a Jemfest t-shirt!!! Just thought I'd share the news, it's kinda neat!
~Adam

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
StoleN GuitaR said:
I really don't understand why you guys don't like tremonti?

can someone please explain to me without being childish or immature?
I dunno why he's hated so much too. He's an okay player, but not phenomenal. Still can't compete with Tom Morello as one of modern music's most talented players.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
StoleN GuitaR said:
I really don't understand why you guys don't like tremonti?

can someone please explain to me without being childish or immature?
A lot of people call him a great shredder. IMHO he isn't, simply because all that shred stuff I heard from him wasn't really shred IMO and it was always with the wah wah on.

Regards

André

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Eh, he's hardly brilliant, but Alter Bridge's "One Day Remains" was one of the better mainstream rock albums of the year, IMO. He's a great, great riffer, and his soloing is a hell of a lot better than I ever expected it to be, after listening to Creed. I think if a lot of you guys ripping into Tremonti listened to the Alter Bridge album a couple times, you just might come around.

You gotta give it up to a guy who, in this day and age, thanks Troy Stentina in the liner notes of his newest release.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
fettouhi said:
Cool, even though I don't like Tremonti, Alter Bridge or Creed but that's beside the point ;).

Regards

André
+1. I do like Tremonti as far as songwriting goes and some of his leadwork with Alter Bridge is pretty cool. Never been a real huge fan though. Cool that he is sporting a Jemfest shirt though. :)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
AdamBilz said:
Whoops! Yeah, I know the Jemfest people (I'm pretty sure Gabe runs it, right?) are regulars on this site and lots of Jemsiters are the ones who participate. That's all.
You might want to edit your original post then. :D

My local B&N has the most craptastic array of guitar magazines. They had exactly ONE issue of Guitar World that didn't have the ad in it. Of course, the line to get to the Maxim/Stuff section had a 20 min. wait. LOL

If someone could scan in the ad, I'd appreciate it. TIA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.