Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
This is years old. This has been around for ages. This was one of the things that originally gave him the reputation for being who he is. This is old news really.

To be honest though, I would be pised-off too if someone threw a glass of water at me. I wouldnt just sit there and take it - and neither would alot of people on these boards!

I dont think he needs anger management to be perfectly honest, because when someone throws a glass of water at you - it kind of puts a crimp on your day. So called "derogatory" comments or not.

And if Yngwie didnt do this stuff, he just wouldnt be the same. He wouldnt be the same Yngwie we all know and love (or dislike) in some cases.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well, he needs something. Most rock musicians have some sort of ego - that's why they practiced so much to get good - but when the topic of ego comes up as much as the topic of skill whenever you talk about a particular guy, then you know something's out of whack.

The Yngwie G3 was pretty funny, there were these "Yngwie Unleashed" t-shirts for sale. I'd say that shows he at least has a good sense of humor about it, but I have a feeling he didn't know about the shirts.

BTW, watch the outtakes at the end of the G3 DVD. There's a little after-show chat b/w Joe, Steve and Yngwie. There's this interesting part where Steve compliments Joe's playing on Red House, at which point Yngwie jumps in and says "oh, I didn't even hear that", and then starts talking about himself. It's like an exact replay of how he carried himself onstage.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Tom Gilroy said:
I'd just sart twitching and blinking to try to freak the lady out. Then try to stare at her, but twitch and blink some more.
Id tell her I have some kind of skin disease that when water hits my skin it burns like hell and such and now I am going to have a reaction :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.