Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ibanez endorsed
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I am excited to announce that I am now endorsed by Mayones guitars. They are handmade in Poland and NO attention to detail is spared. Check out http://www.mayones.com/eng/news.html?nid=48 to read more about it.

I took home a guitar from the model I endorse and I have not put it down since returning from NAMM. My custom model will be called the Infinity. It will be the same body design but will have a flamed maple top (deep blue) with a trem system. There will be an abalone infinity symbol inlay in the body below the trem system and it will have an infinity symbol inlay on the fret board (10th to 13th frets) that will have blue LED's behind it. It will then have a silver infinity symbol on the headstock with my name through it and all chrome hardware. Sperzel tuners, ebony fret board, mahagony body... should be sweet. This model will be available thorugh their catelog after I approve the prototype. I am working with them on the design now and it will take about 3 months or so for completion I would guess.

Anyhow I just thought I would share!!

Rikk

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Very cool Rikk. Mayones might have an unfortunate name, but they make some great instruments (as well as some entry level ones with which most music stores in Poland tend to be stocked), but what gets sold overseas is the cream of the crop. It's great to see a Polish brand get some serious recognition and have a player like you endorsing them (some polish monster players play them too, of course).

If you ever need any Polish-English translation services, let me know ;)

·
Ibanez endorsed
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pawel said:
Very cool Rikk. Mayones might have an unfortunate name, but they make some great instruments (as well as some entry level ones with which most music stores in Poland tend to be stocked), but what gets sold overseas is the cream of the crop. It's great to see a Polish brand get some serious recognition and have a player like you endorsing them (some polish monster players play them too, of course).

If you ever need any Polish-English translation services, let me know ;)
lol I know. I saw the name and thought "This cant be how they say it..." I asked Dawid and he said "Yes its pronounced like your sandwich spread." The way he said it though sounded more like MAY OH NEZ. BUT I could definitely use help with translation sometimes I think!! lol :)

Yeah I jammed with Wojtek Pilichowski several times. The man is a monster on bass. We had people crowded around that booth several times while we jammed together. The thing I was looking for was a guitar that was superior quality and that no one could look at it and pre-judge what type of player I am right away by looking at it. I LOVE my flame guitars and my JEM's but lately I have just been wanting my own identity when it comes to my music and I think these guitars will DEFINITELY do that for me. I just cant believe how EVERY small detail is perfect on these guitars. NO attention to detail was spared. Everything from the amber inlay on the 12 fret to the back wooden plate covers is just perfect. I could not find a flaw anywhere on the guitar.

·
Ibanez endorsed
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys,

The next CD will start recording in 3 months. David Ellefson (former bass player for Megadeth) will still be performing on 3 of the tracks. I spoke to him down at NAMM and he said he has been slammed with studio work but we should still be able to work it out. Seeing as how I spent a year on Pointing at the Moon I cant really say when it will be released but I dont think it will take a year! lol :)

Here is a better picture of my SE Lizard I took home with me from NAMM. This is what my model is based off of.

·
Ibanez endorsed
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah Wojtek was a very cool guy. Killer player and good personality. We had a killer jam session going with a 6 year old drummer (I am not kidding) and had the walkways PACKED with people all around the booth. I have some other really good pictures that we took together. I just have not updated my website in...... FOREVER! lol

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
rikkbeatty said:
Hey guys,

The next CD will start recording in 3 months. David Ellefson (former bass player for Megadeth) will still be performing on 3 of the tracks. I spoke to him down at NAMM and he said he has been slammed with studio work but we should still be able to work it out. Seeing as how I spent a year on Pointing at the Moon I cant really say when it will be released but I dont think it will take a year! lol :)

Here is a better picture of my SE Lizard I took home with me from NAMM. This is what my model is based off of.

Looks good :).

Regards

André

1 - 20 of 20 Posts