Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas. I'm back to my favorite (I guess) brand after departing for a while. Just got a beautiful RG752 and obviously had to set it up. After restringing it and setting up the action, I realized that I need to adjust the intonation, didn't really wanted to do it cause it's a rather annoying process on a floyd rose. Anyhow I adjusted the intonation but the hex screw that is keeping the saddle in place on my 5th string got messed up. Maybe I kinda tend to overtight things but this one was really a bad screw. Now here's the deal it's already tight, to be honest I would have loved if it was ever so slightly more adjusted but still it's fine the guitar sounds ok and eventually I won't need to touch it till the rest of my life (I mean the saddle) but still I wonder if you know a way to unscrew such a tiny hex screw with a messed up head in home conditions, I know that I could seek the help of a luthier but still. Hope you understood what I meant by all this (sorry for the bad English) and hope I'll get some advises.
P.S. I've tried putting a latex glove in the whole and then use the allen wrench but it is really rounded and it obviously didn't work :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.