Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its time for a new fat distortion pedal... I want to replace my ****ty Behringer Um 300..

I like the Boss Ml-2 (/Mt-2) or the EHX Metal Muff .. so what do you think is better for fat rhythm sections (palm mute should almost break off my house ;) ) and not too smoothy lead tone (but not as sharp as the UM 300) with many overtones..
My budget is up to 100 euro.. Another pedals I've thought about are the Digitech Df-7 (I try it at home right now) or the Digitech Death Metal Pedal..Maybe the Line 6 Uber Metal..

What do you think should be the best way?

My gear is - Peavey Studio pro 112 (still handmade in USA, not that crappy China stuff)
Jem 7v WH and Bc Rich Warlock NJ Speedloader..

I'd glad to see any opinions about that..

Thanking you in anticipation and all the best, Kris

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The metal muff can sound a little thin in the mix kind of like the Boss Metal Zone. Sounds great at bedroom levels though.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Haven't heard it. Did you buy one yet? Which one did you get? I went through a few distortion pedals until I found one I liked. Now I use a "Crunch Box" and I'm done looking for distortion pedals. It doesn't really do that scooped mid thing though if thats what your looking for. The Crunch Box has more of a mid boost.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I give a vote for the METAL MUFF! It's a HUGE sounding pedal!
The only pedal I use actually. I ususally just plug in straight to my ENGL or 6505 and I'm good to go. Bought the Metal Muff at a clearance sale and was incredibly impressed.
As with most pedals and equipment you'll have to play around with it to get the sound you're after might even be worth putting an EQ after it or a BBE Sonic stomp, but not at all necessary.

Try one out!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Analogman seems to think that the EH Metal Muff is their fav metal pedal out there. I liked what i heard out of that pedal alot more than any boss metal pedal i've tried. But i think the daddy for metal pedals would be from Blackstar, like their HT DistX model. It's more expensive but i would definitely increase your budget for it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Analogman seems to think that the EH Metal Muff is their fav metal pedal out there. I liked what i heard out of that pedal alot more than any boss metal pedal i've tried. But i think the daddy for metal pedals would be from Blackstar, like their HT DistX model. It's more expensive but i would definitely increase your budget for it.
I agree with this ^

That pedal is miles above any other metal distortion pedal I have played. It gets a natural feel to it instead of the super digital distortion most boxes (especially the Metal Zone) have.

My next choice would be the Uber Metal I used to own it and there is so much to tweak with it you are bound to find something you like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts