Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little ditty I wrote while going through the middle east with my guitar. I did the tracking and arrangement, but the mixing and mastering were done by one of Vai's lead engineers/producers. I'm not a virtuoso, just a rocker, so don't judge. At that time, he was just wrapping up a 6 month long project with Mr Vai and by that time he couldn't tell what was real or a hallucination lol. He relayed that the longer one is in the studio with Vai, the more alien things sound. He took on my project to clear his mind. A bit of a sonic palette cleanser lol.

Anyway, the Gravity Storm set is just inspiring on every level. Split, parallel, you name it. Don't judge by this track, as it's mixed to have a bit of an 80's feel. I have more contemporary tracks using this set that I've produced myself to a less polished edge. They do what you ask of them and they love it!

https://soundcloud.com/frankdesalvo%2Fthey-fell-to-earth-mastered

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Nice tune!! Thanks for sharing... A 540S LTD is my go to guitar these days, but I am still loving the old stock pickups (so far). That F2 bridge... \m/

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! I wish mine had the stock pickups in it at the time I bought it. I never had the chance to play on the f2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts