Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try some SWV Rockfields in a Michael Kelly guitar I dont like playing very much at the moment, action is too high for me and I feel like I have to do finger tip push ups just to be able to do a simple chord on it. Hopefully the sound will be closer to what I am looking for. Pearly Gates was too much bread at the moment. Might change out the nut too it really sucks looks like some composite thing that was once pooped out of a tube.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
check to see if the neck needs a truss rod adjustment. i be willing to bet it does if the action is that messed up on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent gotten into any truss rod adjustments on any guitars yet I am assuming that I would have to back off of whatever they have it tightened down to at the moment.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
sorta , it just depends on if the neck is bowed and in what direction it is bowed.

Turn the nut clockwise to correct an upbow, and counterclockwise to correct backbow. As with any truss rod, if you encounter excessive resistance, the neck should first be eased into a corrective bend with clamps. The rod can then be adjusted.

http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/Truss_rods.html

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Guitar Center Can DIE!

Guitar center is really pissing me off. I canceled my order for the Rockfield SWV's in black because its still gd back ordered. I was told 2 weeks ago that the Neck pickup would be in. Now she was lying to me as she was saying oh we will RMA that and then send you the chrome ones as she cancels my order. This means I will have to find another way to pull the money out of my hat AGAIN as she posts a credit to my now expired credit card. I have spent thousands there, never again and I mean never, I dont care if they give free jobs in the sound booths.

I will order a Pearly Gates bridge and a 59 neck from ****. Damn Guitar Center RAT BASTARDS. :evil::evil::evil::evil: CANT SAY EVILBAY on the Forum? ha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found 2 SWV's Chrome ripped out of some Mockingbirds in Japan being shipped now. About time something went right with that build. Going to switch out the black plastic pickup rings for chrome although that Seymour Duncan ring you can split and parallel the pickups with looks schweet where is the chrome plated plastic model?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damnit they were gold Rockfields. Oh well, looks like they end up on a later guitar. Why do the pickups with coverplates only come with 2 wires? Do they use a jack of some kind in the other hole in the pickup plate? If anyone knows let me know please :) I couldnt find any info on it.

Bought a neck pickup for the Michael Kelly off Rockfield. At least its finally on the way, it will give me something to do over the holidays.:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts