Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys.

I just got back from GC and got meself a new peavey vypyr that works. I was going to pickup a midi to usb cable for it so I can download all the patches but they wanted 40 bucks for a little packet. Does anyone know which type of hookup i need? The ones I see on the bay only have the actuall 16 pin or whatever. I need just a little 1/4 jack thingy.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hey, guys.

I just got back from GC and got meself a new peavey vypyr that works. I was going to pickup a midi to usb cable for it so I can download all the patches but they wanted 40 bucks for a little packet. Does anyone know which type of hookup i need? The ones I see on the bay only have the actuall 16 pin or whatever. I need just a little 1/4 jack thingy.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
You need a simple USB to MIDI interface which will run $30-$40 bucks plus a short MIDI cable which will run about $5. I'm not sure where you're getting the 1/4" jack "thingy" but it has nothing to do with connecting the Vypyr via MIDI.

I also looked over the manual for the Vypyr and the MIDI connection is only for uploading new firmware to it, not new patches. Firmware is the OS of the amp and updates are released to improve performance and/or fix bugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts