Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, y'all!

I just got bought and got a sweet 93' S470 in the mail this week, completely stock, and I've been trying to set it up since I got it. It has the Lo-Pro edge on it, but the action on it is so nice that I can't see the marker on the side of the bridge to level it. ontop of that, it has a curved top apart from the design of the guitar which makes it even more of a pain in the ass. I'm able to set up the Gotoh Floyd I have on my RG because of the flat top and flat baseplate but completely lost on how to make the lo-pro work and stay relatively in tune. I could put a neck shim under the joint to raise the angle of the neck and the bridge a tad out of the body, but also have no clue how to do that. ontop of that, again, no clue how to level it to the curved body. any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
938 Posts
This pic is from a poster about a year ago. I drew some lines... The top of the saddle is in line with the knife edge. It's a helpful reference.

I had to add a shim to my '91 540R because the bridge would have to be too recessed for the action to be where I wanted as well. I used a small piece of a greeting card about a 3/8" wide (about a centimeter wide) by about 2 1/4" long (about 6 centimeters long...) Put it in the neck pocket closest to the neck pickup... Solved my problem with bridge elevation.

Reflex camera Musician Wood Camera lens Engineering

1 - 3 of 3 Posts