Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I'm getting fed up with the 2nd class treatment of lefties, especially those wanting a 7 string. I don't think it's very realistic to push for a wide range or high end models but it might be worth concentrating on a couple of guitar types and seeing if we can get a few of them made. There also appears to be a gap in their range in the form of a fixed bridge 6 string.

In many ways I think the best models of the moment to push for are the RG321 and the RG7321. That would at least give us a basic 7 string model which would be great for modifying etc. I don't think it'd do too much harm to put a 7 with trem on the list as well though. They've made one in the past, there appear to be about 10 RG7420Ls out there? :-(

I'll be trying to collect some info to start lobbying with, any important questions that I've missed out below or advice (please *do not* fill in at this stage)?

Name:
Email Address:
Are you happy for your details to be passed on or only used in aggregate form:
Number of guitars owned:
Number of those guitars made by Ibanez:
Would like to

If Ibanez made the following guitars would you be likely to purchase one, and if so what timescale:
RG321L Yes/No ASAP 3-6 Months 6-12Months 1+ year
RG7321L Yes/No ASAP 3-6 Months 6-12Months 1+ year
RG7xxxl Yes/No ASAP 3-6 Months 6-12Months 1+ year

Cheers.
T

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well, every other few weeks there is a group of lefties who try to make a difference, but it never gets anywhere. So here is what we are going to do. Instead of petitionning and wasting time, we get someone to get really good at guitar, and go for an endorsement with ibanez, and then potentionally getting a signature model in production. Now for whoever decides to take on this task, will have to put hours of hard work into guitar playing, and really show ibanez that lefties have what it takes to be important enough to have lefty guitars out. Now, if that isnt hard enough, they will also have to get free guitars from ibanez, and get a certain percent of all the sig models sold, and will also need to get endorsed by other companies to show that they mean business, resulting in more money and free stuff. Now, I would never ask someone to do something that I wouldnt do myself, so for the sake of all lefties out there, I will take on this rigurous task. Now dont argue with me people! I've made up my mind. I will take one for the team...

...You can all thank me later.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Koss said:
Well, every other few weeks there is a group of lefties who try to make a difference, but it never gets anywhere. So here is what we are going to do. Instead of petitionning and wasting time, we get someone to get really good at guitar, and go for an endorsement with ibanez, and then potentionally getting a signature model in production. Now for whoever decides to take on this task, will have to put hours of hard work into guitar playing, and really show ibanez that lefties have what it takes to be important enough to have lefty guitars out. Now, if that isnt hard enough, they will also have to get free guitars from ibanez, and get a certain percent of all the sig models sold, and will also need to get endorsed by other companies to show that they mean business, resulting in more money and free stuff. Now, I would never ask someone to do something that I wouldnt do myself, so for the sake of all lefties out there, I will take on this rigurous task. Now dont argue with me people! I've made up my mind. I will take one for the team...

Dude, what a sacrifice!

If every few weeks there are a group of lefties... is it the same group of lefties or a different one each time, coz if it's a different one then they need to get together at one time...

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've been offering to do a lefty for no surcharge since the day we opened our operation. We're currently working on our first. That's ONE out of 75. It's a 6 string hard tail, but the offer stands for 7-string as well. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the first lefty 7-string order though.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Jim Soloway said:
I've been offering to do a lefty for no surcharge since the day we opened our operation. We're currently working on our first. That's ONE out of 75. It's a 6 string hard tail, but the offer stands for 7-string as well. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the first lefty 7-string order though.
I've always thought lefties would be the type of guitar players to jump at luthiers for custom axes. With all the production crap I see in normal shops, I know I would :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
well yeah going custom would work, hell that's what im doing right now with my 7 string. But with custom work, comes custom price tags. Mass produced guitars would be alot cheaper obviously and that is what most of us are looking for.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Koss said:

OK ;).

Regards

André

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
This is my biggest beef with Ibanez and has been since the beginning. The make some many great guitars ranging from signature models, RG's and S's and they have this wonderful Floyd that's symmetrical and so and so..... Ibanez does have one or two lefty endorsees.

Regards

André

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
zEr0 said:
I've always thought lefties would be the type of guitar players to jump at luthiers for custom axes. With all the production crap I see in normal shops, I know I would :)
Hear hear :). That's what I did but that didn't prevent me from snagging that RG1077XL last year ;).

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
fettouhi said:
Hear hear :). That's what I did but that didn't prevent me from snagging that RG1077XL last year ;).

Regards

André
:) I knew you would start bragging about that one as soon as you got the chance ;) If I were a lefty I would already had you killed for that baby!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Koss said:
would that be a hardtail 7?
We just did our first trem 7-string, so in theory it could be either. The trem would have to be Hendrix style though with the arm at the top.

And yes, with custom, or limited production guitars come much higher prices. We're certainly no exception to that. In fact, our prices have been gradually climbing over the last year. A custom on a 7-string hard tail would now be about $2800.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Jim, you have the best policies and you make some rather gorgeous guitars!!!
if i had the money/got offered enough money for one of my kidneys i would buy a 7 string off you in an instant!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.