Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, i am thinking of gluing a mirror to the frontal body of the universe777bk
what do u think?
of course it will be finished. i am worried though about the curve on the top of the guitar :S

·
Registered
541 Posts
lol cool idea except apparently it cracks. :( I'd like to some more creative ideas on the finishes in the coming models tho. *shrug*

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
it's the plastic on the BRMR's that cracks, though, isn't it?

if you could somehow get a real mirror made that conformed to the top surface, even with the forearm cut, i reckon it'd last a long time.

if only because the thing would be too heavy to play often!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i would think so. curved glass is common enough. and that's most of what a mirror is.

it'd be expensive though to have it made as a one-off.

shame.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Wouldnt it be easier to just leave the body style without a forearm countour like on a telecaster, musicman axis, or wolfgang special? These some of the most popular guitars ever made so I dont see why not. Just put a mirror on that. Or even then how about a cracked mirror top like paul stanleys icemen

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dont know if you have checked out the thread with my custom bad horsie im making but i have mirrored acrylic. Real mirror would be WAY to heavy. If you have a plastic shop cut u one they should beable to do the curve. Mine said they would, but i didnt have them do it cause i didnt want it (personal preference).

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
yep, would be unduly heavy. but the acrylic mirror is destined for all the gripes you read about with the brmr's.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
No need for glass, use 3mm (or thinner if you can get it) thick perspex. Its lighter, easier to work with and you can silver the back and get the mirror. It'd almost be like a mirror binding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts