Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently picked up a Roadstar 2 RS 135 body and a couple of RG 140 (the old Roadstar II version) necks, and would like to build a “Roadstar II partcaster.” Should be fun and turn out well, but I can’t find a “power rocker bridge assembly” at a reasonable price. It appears to me that if you filled in the depression where the logo plate screws in (see the pic) you could easily mount a 6 screw Fender style trem. Has anyone tried this? Drawbacks (other than it not being a true reproduction)? Thanks!
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yes, if you fill in the route and holes for the Power Rocker plate and redrill for a more conventional trem, it should work fine. It'll be better than the original! Most of those old trems don't work great, are hard to find used, and stupidly overpriced when you do.

This one's from the 90 page customized Ibanez thread - bloke installed Gotoh 510 six screw to replace the original Power Rocker. I imagine it transformed the guitar.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Let me know if you would like a Power Rocker bridge... I have one in pretty much new condition. I personally don't care for them any more than a Fender type bridge. Not sure what a fair price is, but let me know if you are interested. I'm not out to get rich or anything and do not need it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me know if you would like a Power Rocker bridge... I have one in pretty much new condition. I personally don't care for them any more than a Fender type bridge. Not sure what a fair price is, but let me know if you are interested. I'm not out to get rich or anything and do not need it.
Do you have the complete bridge, with logo plate, bridge plate and trem block? IF so, I defintiely might be interested. I'm not really a trem user -- just looking for the right parts to complete the build.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Do you have the complete bridge, with logo plate, bridge plate and trem block? IF so, I defintiely might be interested. I'm not really a trem user -- just looking for the right parts to complete the build.
Yes, every part for the complete tremolo. Last time I looked at it there was no pitting and it looked brand new still. I removed it when the guitar was only a couple of years old trying to modify it for another bridge, but ran out of talent and ruined the body. I just kept all of the tremolo parts and screws, etc, for 30+ years. I will try to take a picture or two and post them here (or send them to you, if you prefer).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, every part for the complete tremolo. Last time I looked at it there was no pitting and it looked brand new still. I removed it when the guitar was only a couple of years old trying to modify it for another bridge, but ran out of talent and ruined the body. I just kept all of the tremolo parts and screws, etc, for 30+ years. I will try to take a picture or two and post them here (or send them to you, if you prefer).
I sent you a message so we can take this convo off the board. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts