Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
all the reviews i have read slated it. but i played through one at a gig and really liked it. i'm a big fan of those scooped metal tones though. if you want something else, this probably isnt one for you.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Bingo on both counts, Polaris - if you write like you didn't fail 6th grade English, people take you a touch more seriously in the real world. ;)

It's essentially a two channel solid state amp that costs more than a DSL-100 head, and only marginally less than a TSL. Basically, an overpriced load of crap designed to appeal to the nu-metal crowd.

If you like the sound of solid state (nothing wrong with that), then pass on the Mode4 and grab one of the MG series solid state heads - a guy I know got some surprisingly good sounds out of a 100-watt MG half-stack, and for the price they're tough to beat. Steer clear of the AVT's as well - you're paying top dollar for a solid state head with a single preamp tube - it's mostly solid state preamp distortion anyway, and the power amp is where tubes really come into their own.

If you want to drop that kind of cash on a "modern" voiced marshall, though, a DSL is a far better buy.

-Drew

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are u(you) guys seriously commenting on how i spell somethin?!? btw neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone PRUDES!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
brothersnowgone said:
are u(you) guys seriously commenting on how i spell somethin?!? btw neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone PRUDES!
That'll get you tons of help in the future. On second thought, the Mode Four is excellent, the best amp ever made. Go buy one, now.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure I can do fine on my own. It was a simple question, I'm not even looking for a new head. It was out of pure curiousity. Also, who would buy an amp without playing it thewmselve anyway(happy?)? I've also heard the Mode Four once before at a local metal show and they have a really modern metal tone to them(especially the 2nd overdrive), even though only its preamp section is tube ;-)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
brothersnowgone said:
I'm sure I can do fine on my own. It was a simple question, I'm not even looking for a new head. It was out of pure curiousity. Also, who would buy an amp without playing it thewmselve anyway(happy?)?
No, you still spelled "themselves" incorrectly. :lol:

Whatever floats your boat dude, but a Carvin Legacy stack or MTS stack would kill it, as would a Peavey JSX, or 6505, or even XXX. All of it being as much or less than the MF.

Then again people like the Krankenstein, and that thing's even more expensive, and sounds like a chainsaw suspended inside a cardboard box.

There's no accounting for taste, however bad it may be. :D

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I opened this thread because I hadn't heard of the "neone mode" - I thought it was some wierd theory thing, maybe combining the lydian and dorian modes or something

Can you imagine how disappointed I was when I found out it was about an amp !! :lol:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
geez another comment on spelling, on a typo this time which is what makes it funny. other than that i dont think its bad taste if u know how to use an amp, but then again those who dont often feel the need to get the amp or amps everyone else seems to be getting

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
brothersnowgone said:
I was going to give my honest opinion, but after seeing this I think not. This explains a lot (like why he's even considering a mode four!!!!)

Anyway on to the review....

The Marshall Mode Four is the best sounding amp ever made. It sounds so good and for how good it sounds, it is amazingly cheap too! It is without a doubt the best value available today, or ever in a guitar amp you must get one.

(Note: everything I said is the exact opposite of the truth!)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ONCE AGAIN!!! if u would have read the whole post, i am not considering a mode four, i am not in the market for a head, it was a question, i got smart ass remarks completely irrelivant to the topic. to take anything on an internet forum seriously is sad, lighten up people

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
brothersnowgone said:
ONCE AGAIN!!! if u would have read the whole post, i am not considering a mode four, i am not in the market for a head, it was a question, i got smart ass remarks completely irrelivant to the topic. to take anything on an internet forum seriously is sad, lighten up people
Actually,
I think your whole "non-educated, pathetic speller, loser attitude" needs to lighten up. Folks here are trying to help you and you're on a fast track to being banned from this site.

Show some respect son, or you will be forced to learn yet ANOTHER lesson in life.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
brothersnowgone said:
to take anything on an internet forum seriously is sad, lighten up people
To me utilising the experience of others is one of the best reasons for internet forums like this.

Can't wait for Glen's new Reviews section so we can share gear reviews (good and bad) in a mature and helpful fashion

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
brothersnowgone said:
You spelled "irrelavant" wrong. And no I am not taking anything you say seriously. How could I?

And believe it or not, I actually do read through my posts to make sure everything's spelled correctly, so I don't look like some internet stooge that can't spell.

When a medium is through typed words, people will take you more seriously when it sounds like you're intelligent. Or at least making a noble attempt at it, instead of using l33t script kiddie jargon.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
I'm a bit typo prone (and there'll probably be a handful of them in here) myself, but still, I at least make an attempt to follow accepted rules of grammar. You're getting closer, but it's "you" not "u," and proper nouns/first words in sentences need to be capitalized.

Think of the bright side, it's not often someone will give you a lesson in anything for free. :lol:

The Mode4 actually DOESN'T have a tube preamp - it has 2 tubes, one in each pre, but it's primarily solid state. Huge difference, and like I said, the power section is really where tubes come into their own.

Not that any of this matters, if you're not actually looking to buy an amp, which begs the question, why is this thread even in existance? :lol:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I made it because I was curious about other people's take on the amp, is that a crime??? Why is everyone being so cynical about the way someone types??? I don't know how long many of you have been using the internet, but people cut corners all the time using substitutes such as u or ne instead of any. It wasn't a big deal to begin with and I seriously doubt I would be kicked of the site for having an opinion of my own opinion, not to mention it was a conversation between a group of guitarists not a job interview. I don't call u grandpa, don't call me son. Yes, i must lighten up, because I'm obviously flying off the handle here calling people names like non-educated, pathetic speller, loser attitude. Wait a second that wasn't me???? Since when does misspelling a few words make me a pathetic speller, sounds more like I was being lazy. The whole not taking an internet forum seriously was directed towards red5 about the whole neone neone neone thing, not about information you can gather, it was a joke! The thread has served the purpose it was put here for, I now know how many feel about the head and thats all I was asking for. No more, No less.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i was thinken of either bying this head for $1449.00 or save $200 and get a mesa boogie dual rectifier. damn , i am sure as hell glad that i chose my dual recto over this overprised piece of ****. i was sevearly disapointed wen i pluged in thru this amp, its not worth the money.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.