Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard all the lower end rg's and rgt's are made by cort or in the cort factory is all we are paying the extra money for is a brand name I have a cort katana and it has the exact feel as my rgt42 I'm feeling jipped

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I don't think it means anything. The Japan factories that make Ibanez guitars prolly make other brands as well. So what? If you like a guitar you like it... period.

btw, I think Cort is making some really nice guitars.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Rotti said:
I don't think it means anything. The Japan factories that make Ibanez guitars prolly make other brands as well. So what? If you like a guitar you like it... period.

btw, I think Cort is making some really nice guitars.
Yes, very nice guitars indeed.

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
gunkungfu said:
all we are paying the extra money for is a brand name
well, no. even if a particular model is in fact made by cort (or samick), it'll have a proprietary ibanez bridge... not as good as MIJ bridge, but still very good. and unavailable on other makes.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Right. They are Cort's (Korean with a "C" serial number) but now that the TRS bridges are dead, all new locking trem Korean Ibanez guitars (IMO) are superior to the Cort siblings. The hardtail and strat style trem guitars are much more similar, and they represent a very fair comparison. I'd have a hard time buying an SZ over a comparable Cort M series. Some of the G series with carved figured tops are a better value than the Korean prestige SZ IMO.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The Cort's that I've seen in shops have seemed pretty good value for money. If you're on a budget and can't spring a £1000 or so on a Prestige you could do a lot worse than a Cort

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Yeah some of the Cort models are quite nice. Especially some of the newer models too, I think I even saw a couple with EMG's as well. Very tasty some of them. I agree with what Rotti said, if you like the guitar, who cares? As long as you like it, surely it doesnt matter where it came from? Korea, China, Japan or otherwise.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
the.godfather said:
Yeah some of the Cort models are quite nice. Especially some of the newer models too, I think I even saw a couple with EMG's as well. Very tasty some of them. I agree with what Rotti said, if you like the guitar, who cares? As long as you like it, surely it doesnt matter where it came from? Korea, China, Japan or otherwise.
Yeah their Neil Zaza signature is pretty sweet I wish they would do a trem version of it.

Regards

André

1 - 12 of 12 Posts