Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've searched and found some other similar posts, but didn't find exactly what I wanted. I need help choosing b/t these 2 pups for the bridge of my basswood RG 2550z Prestige. It's a 24-fret w/rosewood board. I play in a church p&w band and need versatility, but I'm still a hard rock/metal guy at heart. I've heard both pups and just can't make up my mind. The PAF Joe is just the best neck pup I've heard...so I'm set there. However, when it comes to the bridge...??? I know the Mo'Joe just sounds killer, but when Joe said he's probably going to use a Norton in his yet-to-be-released JS24 24-fret guitar...it got me to consider that one as well. Obviously harmonics and those sweet mids with crunch are very important to me. Again, both sound killer, but wondered if anyone has ever tried both of these or could give me things to consider that I haven't yet. Please don't recommend Evo's or TZ or anything else. I really just need comparisons and pros/cons of each of the above. It's probably going to be sweet no matter which one and maybe they're so similar it won't matter, but I would appreciate help from probably the best guitar forum there is! Thanks and I look forward to everyone's input. BTW - I use neck pup for clean and blues and bridge pup for rock and metal tones. I'm into everything from SRV to Satch, Van Halen, Metallica, 80's hair metal, etc. I'm also lovin' the new Chickenfoot!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all, I've searched and found some other similar posts, but didn't find exactly what I wanted. I need help choosing b/t these 2 pups for the bridge of my basswood RG 2550z Prestige. It's a 24-fret w/rosewood board. I play in a church p&w band and need versatility, but I'm still a hard rock/metal guy at heart. I've heard both pups and just can't make up my mind. The PAF Joe is just the best neck pup I've heard...so I'm set there. However, when it comes to the bridge...??? I know the Mo'Joe just sounds killer, but when Joe said he's probably going to use a Norton in his yet-to-be-released JS24 24-fret guitar...it got me to consider that one as well. Obviously harmonics and those sweet mids with crunch are very important to me. Again, both sound killer, but wondered if anyone has ever tried both of these or could give me things to consider that I haven't yet. Please don't recommend Evo's or TZ or anything else. I really just need comparisons and pros/cons of each of the above. It's probably going to be sweet no matter which one and maybe they're so similar it won't matter, but I would appreciate help from probably the best guitar forum there is! Thanks and I look forward to everyone's input. BTW - I use neck pup for clean and blues and bridge pup for rock and metal tones. I'm into everything from SRV to Satch, Van Halen, Metallica, 80's hair metal, etc. I'm also lovin' the new Chickenfoot!
I think "Paf Joe/Norton" is the combo for that guitar and your type of playing.
However, the "PAF Joe/MoJoe" is also a great combo. But little softer and fits better in a Mahogany -guitar.

MoJoe: Ouput 320, DC Res 9.76K | Norton: Ouput 352, DC Res 12.62K

Lets say...

Paf Joe/MoJoe = Rock, metal (great suite for guitar instrumentalist's) ;-)

Paf Joe/Norton = Heavier rock, metal

;-)

/Deeman

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a very simular situation; I even play the same music in the same venues, so I need flexability. I'm willing to hear any type of combination, including what to use for the middle single coil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts