Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's weird because it's beautiful... But it seems that it doesn't fit anything exept a jem... May be I'm to much used to see dna all day long (on internet only :cry: )...
But don't get me wrong : I like it!
Well done :) !
JS

·
Registered
659 Posts
That's still cool! Too bad those bodies have too much plastic hiding the additional beauty.

I'd like to see Darren strike up a deal with Korg or Boss to get pedals and or processors swirled. That would be neat.

Mike 777 Haug

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I like the the swirl on anything, but without pickguards. I don't find it to be exclusive to the JEM/UV.

·
Registered
93 Posts
When darren swirls a guitar...Like a strat...would the electronics cavity be swirled too? I think it would look cool for a strat to have a swirl with clear pickguard so u can see the electronics and swirl threw the pickguard.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Not all JEMS are rear routed. Only the floral and swirls were rear routed. This one started out as a VDY, I believe ;-)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Eddie, is that beaut yours???
You know when you see a girl who you REALLY like walking towards you, and you get ythat feeling in your stomach?
That's the exact same feeling i just had!

She's beautiful!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
There is something not right about a swirl on any guitar that isn't under the auspices of Mr.Vai. In saying that, i may be able to swing a Les Paul custom job I'm doing Darren's way. How do you contact this master of swirls?

·
Registered
120 Posts
No problem Eddie
you know me I dont really care . I would do a clear pick guard but these were contracted from a company in Japan for there stores . Hell I would have done a cavity cover to make it look rear mounted I think that would have looked the best but heck what do I know lol ! I really dont think it looks to bad if the pg's match the swirl but it does take half the guitar out of the picture . You dont know how hard I fought with Fender to try a rear mounted Strat And you see how inovative they were .
Darren ATD

·
Registered
120 Posts
LoL ! There will be a Les Paul up shortly Im working on one right now for myself it would be one of about 12 so far . It's just a Les Paul special but it's going to look real sweet im using the original color which is deep blue thats on the neck and the black thats on the front of the headstock then adding another blue and a silver metalic to match the hardware . I cant wait it is going to be shweeeeet !!!!!!!
Darren ATD
Man this stuff evn excites me !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts