Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need more maple neck choices, or should I say we need more maple necks on Ibanez models. Personally I'd love to see a Ibanez version of a Music Man Axis, or Peavey Wolfgang!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Does Ibanez even make any guitars currently in the RG or S family with maple boards? I don't recall seeing any on their website nor have I ever had the chance to play one on an Ibanez but I'm definitely interested....

·
Registered
623 Posts
I just don't get this. Judging by the prices I see on replacement necks, maple is as cheap or cheaper than rosewood. But as far as I can tell, Ibanez doesn't offer it at all. They even got rid of the J-custom with the maple fretboard. :(

Is it because it needs to be finished?

I don't think Ibanez uses ebony anymore either. Bleh.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I don't understand why you don't see at least a few models with the option of buying a maple neck. I was looking through the available models on ***************.com looking for a maple neck model and to my suprise there were none!

·
Registered
541 Posts
lyconxero said:
Does Ibanez even make any guitars currently in the RG or S family with maple boards? I don't recall seeing any on their website nor have I ever had the chance to play one on an Ibanez but I'm definitely interested....
PGM301 has a maple neck. I'd love to get my hands on one of these. :) fixed bridge too!

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Scott 74 said:
Yeah I don't understand why you don't see at least a few models with the option of buying a maple neck. I was looking through the available models on ***************.com looking for a maple neck model and to my suprise there were none!
Surprise surprise ;).

Regards

André

·
Registered
623 Posts
btangel said:
PGM301 has a maple neck. I'd love to get my hands on one of these. :) fixed bridge too!
Duh. How did I forget about the PGM? :p I would get one of those in a heartbeat if they used *anything* other than basswood for the body. :( Well, maybe not anything.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
moro said:
Duh. How did I forget about the PGM? :p I would get one of those in a heartbeat if they used *anything* other than basswood for the body. :( Well, maybe not anything.
I played one of these the other day and was amazed at the overall setup and playability. The frets were great. what dunlop version are these? Anyway back on topic I wish ibanez had made a birdseye maple neck. I would bet that one of the new Rg archtops would look great with a birdseye maple neck, rosewood headstock overlay, and light blue flame maple top. It would be very much like a wolfgang. Does anyone know if their are any plans to offer the rga with a floyd in the future?

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
sniperfrommars1 said:
I played one of these the other day and was amazed at the overall setup and playability. The frets were great. what dunlop version are these? Anyway back on topic I wish ibanez had made a birdseye maple neck. I would bet that one of the new Rg archtops would look great with a birdseye maple neck, rosewood headstock overlay, and light blue flame maple top. It would be very much like a wolfgang. Does anyone know if their are any plans to offer the rga with a floyd in the future?
Could be very very cool if they did that :).

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Is it just me or is anyone else bothered when people constantly refer to fretboards as 'necks'.

Nearly all Ibanez bolt-on neck guitars have maple necks, some with maple 'fretboards' and some with rosewood 'fretboards' (and even some with ebony 'fretboards').;)

Come on people, get it right!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
JTM45 said:
Is it just me or is anyone else bothered when people constantly refer to fretboards as 'necks'.

Nearly all Ibanez bolt-on neck guitars have maple necks, some with maple 'fretboards' and some with rosewood 'fretboards' (and even some with ebony 'fretboards').;)

Come on people, get it right!
Maple neck with a maple fretboard.;)
It would have to be a 7-string neck.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I already knew about the PGM but I don't count it because I would never want to own a PGM. It looks too.....not me....kind of like a JEM. And after playing a JEM, I'd have to say that I'm more a fan of the prestige RGs. I got to play some of those on friday and I just love the Prestige wizard necks.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts